Converting Minelab GPX to DEUS Rod Assembly

These images are copied over from the thread at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/818-relic-hunt-with-gpx-5000/ It is such a brilliant idea I just wanted to be sure it did not go unnoticed by people and so this thread highlights the idea. It would work well for other detectors - I have considered doing it with my Gold Bug 2. The only problem is the cost of the DEUS rod assembly, a ridiculous $264 at http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/full-xp-deus-rod-assembly

post-45-0-22908600-1427730284.jpg

post-45-0-32238600-1427747114.jpg

post-45-0-55259400-1427747118.jpg

post-45-0-48565200-1427747122.jpg

• Like 3

Guest Paul (Ca)

Hello Steve,

I feel Minelab will eventually come out with a similar Deus Shaft setup in the future with the next land PI with discrimination ( GPX 5500?), And an after market Deus type shaft setup for those with the GPX and older models before.

Yeah,  The $269.00 Deus price point is kind of high but honestly it's well worth the price.  The handle is indestructible and the complete setup is super light,  With the lower shaft portion mounting between the GPX coil ears only needed to add a rubber washer and it's tight as a bug.  The entire setup collapse's down in seconds, Can be carried when collapsed or slipped inside a backpack a real neat setup.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, It'll happen just give Minelab some time :)

Paul (Ca)

"When I finish this modification I swear I am never heading down that road again. It is its own sort of fun but really I just want to go detecting"

and then...

"Well, heck, posting this just cost me $264! Got the rod assembly on the way - stand by for Gold Bug 2 conversion."

Hello my name is Steve and I am a detectorholic..... :lol: --I love it...

• Like 4