48 ZED Nuggets Now, But Who's Counting

All 48 nuggets found with the GPZ on old worked out patches, total weight is 12 pennyweights.

I worked a old patch today that has some very nasty hot rocks that gave all the previous detectors loads of trouble. They have black iron stripes or streaks and also some solid ironstones. The 7000 just purred through the worst this patch had to offer with no complaints.  The 6 nuggets found in this area were loud and clear... notice the one at the lower left has a defect in it.  :)

Almost forget I found a tax token today. I guess some poor guy came from Oklahoma came seeking his fortune in Arizona and lost a tax token, he probably went home broke and busted and nugget less. Why couldn't it have been a $5 gold piece instead of a worthless 5 tax token. 

post-602-0-98338000-1428204897_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

As I was looking at the nice collection I wondered why the GPZ picked these up when other detectors didn't. For the most part the nuggets are all very oddly shaped. Could that be why? Maybe I need more things to think about.

Nice work russ.

WTG Russ, looks like you've got the hang of your Zed!

AjR these nuggets were all found in the lower desert of western Arizona.

Hawkeye, all of the nuggets give a clean pure response, the nugget at 1:00 O'clock above the token gave a squiggly response just like a bent nail I had dug the day before. So the shape of the nugget can change the sound the detector makes but I think they were just to small or to deep for the other detectors used.

Lunk, I really enjoy using the Zed, I just wish it wasn't so heavy.

Hey Fred, The day we found this patch I was hunting with my buddy that used a GB2 and he was a 24/7 pro with it. The area was so hot it absolutely render his GB2 useless, I had found about a dozen nuggets including a 1.5 ouncer the first day and he got skunked. I even let him move in my area where the big nugget was found. Over time about 40 nuggets were found with the modded 3500's and the GB2 finally found 2 little dinks many days later. The ground with the striped iron rock and ironstones and high mineralization was just to much for his GB2.  

I'll need to PM you the settings I used on the GPZ, there just to secret to discuss on a open forum. Just kidding...  Just one big change. High Yield, difficult ground, audio smoothing off, and now the big change. I turned the SENSITIVITY DOWN TO 10 and if I rubbed the coil on the bigger ironstones I could get a very soft signal but really had to try had to get it.

Thanks Steve!  :)

• Like 1