Learning How To Use LandMatters

Hello all,

Some of you may be way ahead of me on this but I am just now trying to actively use LandMatters for researching areas to prospect....

Mining claim info is a top priority in a new area I am looking at-- I need to know what is claimed so I don't go high grading....

The fact is, I almost did until I opened the maps up thru LandMatters---and saw there was an obvious claim exactly where I was intending to go!!!

I was struggling to understand the mapping software because I never listen to tutorials or read instructions...when i tripped over a you tube video explaining some very basic easy to understand tools to use the software... so i will post it,,just in case any of you are "challenged" like me....lol

Thanks again to Ruby and Miner Diggins for putting all this together in one spot-- my donation is on the way...

• Like 2

LAtest report... i am having a little difficulty in getting used to the download lag of the maps---i think i forget the refresh button too often and it send me back to a previous screen.

Once i ended up ion Michigan when i zoomed in...lolol (didnt see many claims there)

I will have to put a few more hours in it, but i am convinced having the Rich Hill, Greaterville, and CA Footprints DVDs was soooooo much faster than the download speeds..(of course, it is all right there on the dVD)

and if i am not mistaken Footprints brought all the claims into view----within a foot resolution on the birdseye view..... So i think i got spoiled with that software while in AZ...

I have the CA dvds somewhere but i just moved and dont remember where i packed them-----or if they covered the area i am prospecting now or not....

I will look on the Footprints site and see....

i did google up the CAMC number on one claim and it gave the boundaries and layout of the claim on a map which was helpful.....

so much available, but feet on the ground will be the best methodology in the long run---DID I SAY STEEP!!!!