Two with the ZED

Had the day off so I went back up to the foot hills. Second real hunt with the ZED and I'm really liking it. Today I was using Lunk's settings...and it worked! Even on high smoothing I was still able to hear these dinks. Thanks Kieth for sharing your settings.  I dug so many deep bullets today. It's so disappointing when you hear that deep solid target and then it comes up a mushroomed bullet. When am I gonna find that big nugget?

strick

post-351-0-51282500-1428213077_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice Strick, looks like you're well on your way to becoming a Zedhead!

Nice nuggets, if you're digging bullets in a gold bearing area it's only a matter of time before you dig a bigger nugget. If the area is known for big gold just stick with it... it will come.

Good luck! 

Thanks fellas,  This spot is in the lower oak dotted foot hills (between Fresno and Sacramento)  but closer to Jackson  :D  has lots of old workings from the Chinese. I cant find any info about the size of the gold in area.  I guess I'll still keep plugging along. Was going to head up to Plumas county this Friday for the day Weather permitting.  It's fun even if they are small I guess. I've been working close to the old workings but it's time to go on a walk about with the powerful ZED.

strick

• Like 1

Two pieces second time out sounds good to me - Good Job Strick!

From my experience them ol chinamen sure cleaned an area up good so be proud. Were i am it seems the ol chinaman cleaned their claims the best of all. Its said many of the oldtimers would try to keep the chinamen out until they felt the place was worked out and then sell them the claim for an exuberant price. They'd pay and amazingly find allot more gold and come out ahead. Pretty damn smart and hard workn if you ask me.

Good Luck in the Future and when you get tired of that GPZ i'd gladly do you the favor of taking it off our hands. LOL

Snowing down to about 5000 ft today here in Scott Valley

AjR