Testing A Few Gold And Ground Modes On An Undug 10 Gram Nugget - Video

So I've tried this a few times and every time it's ended up being trash, but this time it was a good one. Of course I lost patience by this point after a few days of trying and didn't go through the whole routine and test a ton of settings like I had been doing but I still got a few in for reference.

But I ran over in HY, General, Extra Deep. And then Normal and Difficult in High Yield. After about 2:30 it's just some futzing around digging (and trying out my new pinpointer) so if you want to see what the nugget looked like for potential geometric type reference then you can skip all that junk and go to the end.

I'm really not sure how all the previous PI's missed this one, it wasn't too incredibly deep, right out in the open next to a very potholed dig area, and it seemed like a typical slugo nugget. One side had a flat face though if that mattered, and one side was spongy-ish.

It went almost exactly 10 grams after soaking in CLR.

• Like 9

Good score Jason and nice vid, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the video and very nice nugget Jason.

I wish I could run those settings down here where I hunt. The mineralization is so high in some areas you dig false ground noise with those settings not to mention the ironstones and hot rocks in some places are loaded. I should try normal ground again and turn the sensitivity way down and see if I still get false or ghost signals.   . 

Lunk you're killin' it out there, I'm struggling to try to keep up! I can't shake the feeling that everywhere I go and see a bootprint that it's yours.  :D

Russ yeah man, I am lucky to have a lot of fairly mild ground up here to work and the detector run crazy. But your pulling out a pretty incredible amount of stuff still if you've flogged your patches with the GPX so seems to be working out well even in Difficult too!

Maybe try hitting it with high audio smoothing if you give Normal a shot again. Won't help if your ground is really bad and in need of Difficult, but if its on the border line then it may be worth a shot. I also have my threshold set to 1 (basically as close to off as possible). The idea here is that I eliminate all other noise sources except ground noise and targets so that my brain has less to process - ground noise will come in, but it's so distinctly "smooshy" and dulled down that targets come through as uniquely sharper and sometimes I just put up with a bit of ongoing ground smoosh because on the Z the targets break through that noise much crisper than they do on the GPX, it requires a very much slower swing speed to do this though. But when the ground gets to close to that border line or crosses it Difficult is the only sane way to proceed.

But when you can run Normal, you might add another 20% depth onto some nuggets so I agree it's worth a try.

Lunk you're killin' it out there, I'm struggling to try to keep up! I can't shake the feeling that everywhere I go and see a bootprint that it's yours.  :D

Jason, if you keep digging fat nuggets like that you will pass me up in no time!

Jason, Thanks for taking the time to film that and experiment with the settings.  The only thing I need now is the coordinates of that particular nugget !  All kidding aside keep posting so the newbies like me can reduce our learning curve to the bare minimum with this new machine. My favorite part is when your dog heard you get excited and came over to investigate. My little dog (the one in my avatar) goes everywhere with me 24/7 

strick