Washington State

panner

Does anyone know of an online source or website of maps indicating current federal and state claims in Washington?  I would like to do some prospecting but don't want to trespass.

Thank you.

Since no one else has taken a stab at this, I do believe there are no such maps for your area. I would suggest learning the BLM program that is called LR-2000. Once you do learn how to use it, you can find out if there are current active claims in any section you research. It will get you down to 1/4 section locations, but it's as close as you can get. Once you do have the information then the legwork starts. You can either go to the BLM office in person or go to you're county recorders office and research the exact locations. I know this sounds hard, but it's the only sure fire method of not making mistakes. You must also keep in mind that the BLM is seriously far behind on bringing claim info up to date......

There are a few plug in apps that work with Google Earth and LR-2000 combined. The one I use is called Minecache.

LR-2000. http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/index.htm

Minecache. http://www.minecache.com

If I have led you astray, I hope Steve or Chris Ralph will chime in.

As Steve says, there are no such maps. If you think about it, they would require constant updating. Plus the government does not want to help miners, they want to make it more difficult.

Its work to do claims research, but as Steve says, the place you want to start is LR-2000, the BLM's on line mining claims data base. its not a map, but you can still make use of it.