Huge Problem With Wireless Module For GPZ 7000

Having it permanently affixed to your pack is a great idea. I've been using the supplied Pro swing harness  but  have been looking for a small fanny pack that I can attach to the pro swing harness and have not found anything that I like. When I'm done for the day the Wireless module gets clipped to the arm strap on the 7000 so I don't loose it. 

strick

Typical early season "working the bugs out" stuff. Thanks to a Good Samaritan I did not get left out with a dead truck battery! Backup starter/deep cycle battery with charging station and solar panel now ready to go on future outings.

Kind of the same deal with the module. I have been experimenting with different audio and harness options. Decided I do not need the full harness setup - my little Camelback style rucksack and bungee setup suits me fine. So now I will put a pouch on the pack just for holding the WM 12 and that will be the end of that nonsense.

Steve. Here is my setup using the pro-swing and incorporating a small camel pack. The pick holder is inspired by one of my prospecting mates. The pick is up out of the way and nicely centered. The major reason for this quantum leap in prospecting was - it frees up your left hand to walk with a beer and prospect - true story...

We are also going the Velcro route. I'm off to Bali and am getting a few made for the module and also a cover for the Zed. Will post when back ...

Cheers

BB

post-563-0-58819600-1428648915_thumb.jpgpost-563-0-06996200-1428648955_thumb.jpgpost-563-0-89137800-1428648997_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/9/2015 at 10:36 PM, fisho101 said:

Awsome tip with the battery from the ctx wireless audio, thanks.

Totally lost me there. What tip are you referring to? I do not see where anyone mentioned the battery in the CTX and GPZ wireless modules, though I guess they are the same. I have not opened mine up to look. There is a post with photo of the inside of the module as well as a tip on how to replace the rubber USB charger cover at Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 4:41 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I have considered getting a second one. JP always runs stereo external speakers, one on ear shoulder. To do that you need an audio booster and two external speakers, not a cheap date if you get the good stuff. You can pair multiple WM 12 modules to the GPZ so I have toyed around with just getting another and putting one on each shoulder. Something to think about anyway.

When I first started using the GPZ I had the WM12 mounted on my left shoulder and swung the detector with my right arm. On the far right part of my swing the WM12 would have an intermittent loss of signal which was very annoying to say the least. Although with two modules you would always be able to hear something, I fear the loss of signal in the left module would still prove frustrating. 

• Like 1

HUMMMMM! speaking of wireless and batteries and headsets....!

I'm going to charge my... Oh wait! where the heck did I? uh oh, ho no.

OH THERE IT IS!!!

• Like 1

I had the little rubber door rip off the first WM12 I had. I think on my new one I'll just remove it.

As far as mounting I have a nylon caae for the WM12 that came with my GPZ control box cover kit from Thesaurus Detecting. Pretty crappy control box cover but the WM12 case is good. It's very similar to the case Doc includes with his cover set except it has a loop sewn on the back. I've got a carribiner on that and I clip it to my Camelbak shoulder strap. Works great and I've never lost a signal.

Steve. I've been running two modules for over a year -.never had a problem. One on each shoulder - no drop outs and great sound. The main reason is purely reduncancy - you know if you're 200kms out of meeka having a backup is the go. I can't do headphones in the heat ....

Cheers

BB

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

Steve. I've been running two modules for over a year -.never had a problem. One on each shoulder - no drop outs and great sound. The main reason is purely reduncancy - you know if you're 200kms out of meeka having a backup is the go. I can't do headphones in the heat ....

Cheers

BB

Well I am glad to hear your doing OK with it. Mine was so bad I rang Minelab technicians from in the field. It was then that I found out the transmitter was in the handpiece area and that it work on the same principals as Bluetooth or WiFi and that they had their hands tied on signal strength and frequencies etc by laws in Australia. I was told that the frequency did not transmit very well through the human body. I was recommended to use the WM12 on my right shoulder and have not had problems since. 

It maybe because of my swing or height or something I haven't thought of yet.

Regards Steve