Gold and Audio Problems?

here are my little nuggies from the Dale-ironstone-district...

smallest is 1.4 grains and the biggie(haha) is 43.8 grains==2.84 grams....

Total of 4.03 grams for the trip.

Two or three were barely whispers and found where someone else had dug a bit and probably decided it was ground noise. The biggest was a very firm signal and I expected a bullet. However, it was 6 or 8 inches deep. I was thrilled to find something deep-ish and multi-gram...

My settings and audio input was varied. Lunk, Russ, Doc and especially Jonathan's settings gave me a firm foundation to build on.

There is no doubt this detector will find the goodies-but-you already know that.

My first trip to Gold Basin I felt there were some intermittant problems with the audio, especially when using headphones or trying to use Jp's enhancer and speakers ( system that I love)...so I did some intensive testing.

On this trip I used three sets of phones, Jonathan Porter's Enhancer and just the module. All of the jacks in the Module gave broken-up signals.

Headphones directly in the detector worked fine.

Fortunely the  Module worked pretty well...I donot understand why this GPZ module has to be in constant visual contact to work well-the ctx is not so handicapped.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced these problems...or am I cursed? This will be the second part i have a problem with-not including the first gpz Minelab so kindly replaced...The first was the 12v charger that came apart the third time I used it...

post-77-0-03837200-1428794279_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on your first Gold Basin gold. Thanks for sharing and hopefully your audio problems can be resolved. Its been interesting to see the likes and dislikes and issues that all you GPZ owners have been posting as you get into the groove with the new machine. Thanks Again Everyone its all informative.

AjR

Nice Fred, very nice. new finds, new friends and good workouts, ahh... life is good. you guys are making me jones bad. seems that i better get to the spots before you gpzers or be left without.

btw- your not the only one with that kind of luck, my fors gold has developed issue after its third voyage out. gmt came to rescue (first time out with it) might have found micro gold in little pebble. (have to start somewhere right) thanks for sharing, hope they keep findin you.

Hey Fred Patrick hear. Have the same issue with the wireless module being intermittent. Unless I have it in my shirt pocket or attached to the arm cuff it will blank at times. Now I slip it on the arm cuff while looking for a target then unplug once I start digging.

Hi Fred,

Congratulations on the gold!

It is not mandatory that the module have line of sight to the detector. I have been running mine on my left shoulder while swinging the detector with my right hand. The sound only rarely cuts out momentarily, not enough that I actually pay any attention to it. Sounds like yours is worse.

The line-of-sight thing is just advice that has been offered as a way to minimize any issues people might be having. They had to change the frequency of the WM 12 from that on the WM 10 and I would conjecture that the GPZ itself was interfering with original frequency chosen to work with the CTX. It may be hard to get the system working well around a detector transmitting as powerfully as the GPZ.

Have you tried using a paper clip to reset the module and pairing it up again?

WTG - nice nuggets!

thanks Guys;

I should have been more clear about the issue.

Steve the module works as it should without headphones...(I was just bitching a tiny bit about the strength of the signal.)

The real problem is with headphones plugged into the module.

Three sets of phones and Jp's enhancer/speakers have serious breaks in the audio.

Headphones plugged directly into the detector work fine.

According to my simple mind that isolates the problem to the headphone connection in the module...I sent another email to Minelab, hopefully they will reply to yet another problem...of mine.

fred

Congrats Fred on the gold, it is always nice to get your first gold at an area.Hope your bad luck with your detector will come to an end.