My First Ring Find!

I wasn`t aware of the all plastic mode on an E Trac..................

• Like 1

I wasn`t aware of the all plastic mode on an E Trac..................

The ALL PLASTIC mode was a great technique i learned from a local digger here in Truckee...

It goes like this:

First you have to take out two batteries or your detector is too over-volted for plastic- ( i think this is the most important step)

Then you make darn sure you are in a parking area where you can see the gravel or pine bark very easily---

Next, you HAVE to get that coil on the ground and sweep it left and right across the lot---(No need to ground balance)

When you have a fluid motin going you are doing it right...not too much trash can get built up on the side of the coil or you will miss targets---

Just keep her "low and slow" until you hit something with the coil that looks like plastic----- could be a kids toy car or something!!!

WHen you do that you know you are doing it right...

You really never know what you may find in a parking area...it may even be something you have been looking for for a long time...

something you may have even forgotten about , like that dirty baby diaper you stepped on when getting out of the truck in a hurry one day!!!!--

If you follow these settings you may very well find another one of these--I have found many!

The other good points are that with those two batteries out she will run SUPER SMOOTH....no need to GB or fool around with all those pesky sensitvity buttons...Just turn her on and get to sweeping,,,,

Let me know how you do...I think this set up will work as a universal setting on ALL detectors--from the 10 dollar ones to the 10 thousand dollar ones....

So have fun and get the plastic!!!!

plastic paulpost-420-0-79201700-1428812884_thumb.jpg

Paul, please explain "over-volted". Is this a new entry in urban dictionary lingo? Whatever meds you are on I want some! LOL