Out hiking around today. While standing at the edge of a 20 foot drop,trying to figure out how to get around,damn rattlesnake goes off!Pretty sure I screamed like a little girl,as I jumped,ran and messed my shorts at same time. Was wearing snake gaiters,but he was a big dude,& didnt want to test them out...probably made in China. See how well he blends in.

post-70-0-23678900-1428881519_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

deathray

Just go ahead and throw away your clothing being you can't get the smell out. I've been there.

You said you couldn't fly but you did.

Chuck Anders

• Like 1

Rofl...... ( rooling on the floor laughing). Thanks- dont mean to sound cruel, but i have been there(complete w/ jumpin, runnin, & poopin) ha ha... still got shit eating grin on my face. It sure is disconcerting sound and bad thing for me cause i tend to wear sandals everywhere in summer. Had little fella 17-18" er stay way to quiet till last second last year. Made me ponder on my sandals a while. Thanks for posting-was good medicine.

Tough??dunno bout that, perhaps. Luckily, no poison- oak to deal with but might find some stinging-nettle once in a while. Seriously though, i have been lucky-done it for long time now, i even build (carpenter) in my sandals. Will definately don the boots in shafts and tunnels though. Still grinnin-thanks again.

I always wondered about you guys in poison snake country? Besides wearing them snake gator things, how do you behave in snake country? Are you always watching for the ground to move when its not sposed to? Them rattlers don't always rattle, do they? Having a metal detector coil in front of you must provide a little protection? How far can they strike you from? Can their fangs penetrate canvas waders or cowboy boots? If you do get bit and you are miles away from town in the desert, whats your plan of action? I am hearing the electric battery to the bite is no longer considered a good treatment? Are them sucker things any good?

I have enough troubles with stinging nettles and them little water skater bugs and poison ivy. 2 of them bugs went up my pants leg a few years back and I had puncture wounds in my shin with blood coming out and then my rear end felt like it was on fire and I got all light headed for 1/2 hour. I will hit them with bug spray and use waders for sure next time.

Never underestimate mother nature......