Me too, I just leave them alone. Had an acquaintance attack a taipan with a long handle shovel bit him on the hand, they are that quick, hardly got into vehicle when he started bleeding from the eyes than died.

The costal taipan in my opinion is the most dangerous snake in the world.

As it is very agressive and bites multiple times when it bites and envenoms on nearly every bite!

And the amount of venom per bite is large.

That was a stupid thing your associate did there Vic and he paid for it.

Most of people bitten die within an hour of being bitten due to how the neurotoxin works it thins your blood and stops clotting which amplify its effects and help spread it quikly trough your body, if you are not treated within 30 mins the fatality rate is 100%!!!

Tremain caught one that was well over 3m close to 4m!!!!!!! when he was working for austoxin as a snake handler/milker/catcher.

Name another snake that is found commonly near people that has a death rate if untreated within 30 mins of 100%, and they are notoriously aggressive!

And its a large snake that bites high.

The TAIPAN commands RESPECT!

Taipan even means boss in Indonesian.

• Like 1

YOU DUDES ARE CREEPIN' ME OUT!!!    I QUIT!!!!

For sale.  $30,000 worth of detecting gear, 1 old beat up Jeep, 1 old beat up dog. $150 or will trade for ukulele lessons.

Klunker, I`d rather take my chances out in the bush with taipans than drive in city traffic. Heh ! how about trading for some sticks and chase a little white ball round the paddock. :rolleyes: Come to think of it not much different then running around the bush listening through squeals and howls of a detector rather then good music. Are we touched by the sun or gold? :)

• Like 2

It's not as bad as it sounds; even a coastal taipan won't attack you unless you are silly enough to corner it, or try to catch or kill it at close range. Then it behaves in the manner that Gold Hound described. There was a myth that taipans would actually stalk humans, but no snake is going to waste its venom on a prey that it can't eat.

Now the talk of bears, mountain lions etc., in another post here, that is scary!

• Like 1

YOU DUDES ARE CREEPIN' ME OUT!!! I QUIT!!!!

For sale. $30,000 worth of detecting gear, 1 old beat up Jeep, 1 old beat up dog. $150 or will trade for ukulele lessons.

No need to sell up!

I do not fear any animal, I just have a healthy respect for them!

My post was not ment to inspire fear, instead it was suposed to inspire respect and a quest for knowledge on the possible dangers of the Taipan and other snake's.

Of all of the dangerous Australian animals the salt water croc is the one I respect above all others, as he actually actively hunts you!

You can see it in his eye before he slips into the water out of sight.

I saw one in a remote river up near wiepa that was 7m long! We measured his impression on the mud bank, he is a living dinosaur!

When he opened his mouth to regulate his temperature you could stand in his mouth he was that big!

You Yanks have your fair share of biteys as well I would encourage you to be alert for your snakes and mountain lion and bears!

Learn exactly how to avoid a dangerous confrontation and learn what to do if the sh!t hits the fan.

Don't fear just RESPECT your animals they are a thing of beauty!

I always enjoy seeing any animal even a dangerous one I love them all!

• Like 2