Gold Dirt

No nuggets for me but I had bought some gold panning dirt from an Ebay seller from Arizona for $40 + $8 shipping for 4 pounds . I got me a nice blue plastic washtub from Wally World ,holds about 7 gallons of water. I used a small gold pan to pan out the dirt finally, in the washtub , with nice warm bath water.

This seller uses a contraption that looks like a cement mixer but with a cylindrical screen mounted in the center with a spraybar  that he shovels dirt into .He has a claim near Rich Hill, Arizona he says. He has videos on Youtube. His outfit is Johnny Gold Dust and he will take people out to his claim for $50 a day per person, up to 14 days.His email is noyesboy@yahoo.com

I think I'd  rather pay $50 a day to dig near Rich Hill vs $300 a day from others which would break me in a hurry I am afraid...

Anyway, see photo and scale readings. I panned out 10.5 grains of gold flakes from my 46 dollars of dirt, so I guess thats around $25 dollars worth.

Does anybody else sell richer dirt? I tried Felix paydirt but it wasn't so good.I wonder how Chicken Miners dirt is?

-Tom

post-353-0-83047900-1428899856_thumb.jpg

Bearkat's right in there... $5 a grain vs $4.76 a grain on what you paid.

I think that are all going to be about the same. Gold is about $2.50 a grain now. So, a fair profit (or loss) after cost subtracting recovery cost....

.I wonder how Chicken Miners dirt is?

-Tom

Tom,

I sell a limited amount of paydirt only because my customers keep asking me to. I don't make money on it and frankly it's a

pain in the butt to do so.  How's that for a sales pitch!

• Like 1

I think the members of this forum need to post some gold in the classifieds. Seems there is a demand for it.