VLF Discrimination Shortlist

Wow, that`s neat. Yeah normally I just skim through manuals and learn in the field, the 705 gold mode is no drama, pretty straightforward but I am going to have to do a wee more to get into notch discrim., tone recognition etc. It`ll be fun.

• Like 1

Keep us informed-------

Im looking at getting one for my sweetie baby to run with me, as I use the 2300. She can discriminate my hits.

We also want to park/beach hunt and really want to see how Gerry's park program works. (Everything is blanked but 5 numbers) I could get used to not digging pull tabs.....lol

If anyone has a used on let me know.

Paul

Not sure the 705 will be of much use discriminating hits behind the 2300, the 2300 has far better ground handling and depth capabilities, but in these early days of its use amongst trash areas, it has the ability to prove there is gold amongst the trash then come in with the magnetic rake and PI or GPZ.

But Paul this is my take after running the 705 over a recent small piece shallow(for the GPZ) patch, found with the GPZ in tall grass and rocky surface, I thought with the small elliptical coiled 705 it would score, poking around the rocks, after 4 plus hours not a piece. I was a wee disappointed but not surprised, the GPZ is a gold magnet much like the 2300, don`t get me wrong I think I`m going to have a ball with the 705, the GPZ is taking my time currently, just "horses for courses".

In NQ OZ`s gold fields are a lot of ghost towns, having picked up coins both silver and gold with gold detectors over the years, that is where I believe the 705 will really come into its own, amongst the trash where ones patience is tested with the PI`s and GPZ.