Fors Gold or XT 705 or GMT or GM 2 VSAT

Ok guys, i am in need of more input. i own fors and gmt amd vsat. i havent had chance to use 705 yet. i have very little time on any given machine as well.

terrain- small gold, med to high hot rocks, b.i.f.,

Trying to narrow down primary candidate.

Could golden hawk b in running?

Dad has gb 2 its not going anywhere soon.

Been having same dilemma, and finally made mind up and ordered the xterra 705 today. I went for the 705, as it seems to have pretty sophisticated discrimination, has 3 frequencies utilized with respective coil change. With that it seemed top value to compliment the GPZ. Never regretted a Minelab purchase yet, come to think of it any detector purchase. We are just boys. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 4/15/2015 at 11:35 PM, Norvic said:

Been having same dilemma, and finally made mind up and ordered the xterra 705 today. I went for the 705, as it seems to have pretty sophisticated discrimination, has 3 frequencies utilized with respective coil change. With that it seemed top value to compliment the GPZ. Never regretted a Minelab purchase yet, come to think of it any detector purchase. We are just boys. :rolleyes:

That's the same combo that I use; the X-Terra 705 is excellent for zeroing in on gold nuggets in heavy trash environments like mine tailings, besides being a fantastic coin and relic hunter. Watch an example of its versatility here: https://youtu.be/pm5IgBS0GS8

• Like 1

Thanks Norvic,Lunk, & Steve.

I think i will have to do that Steve, load-up gm 2, gmt, fors gold and borrow dads gb 2.

No 705 to test. no golden hawk either.

I will try to get this done today(got to get video off to Dilek abt fors issue anyway)so maybe video both.

Dont quite understand my video uploading processes yet, so might take a couple days for me to complete.

btw-prospecting is main focus of desired machine.

Those are cool ring finding tricks with the 705. Can that be done with other detectors too, like my AT Pro or MXT? I know my Ace 250 has a notching ability, will have to experiment with it again. I would assume the 705 must have a notching ability as well if Gerry is knocking out targets at only 14 and 18? I had one of the previous generation Minelab VLFs, the 70 model I think it was? I only got rid of it cause it kept turning itself off occasionally  when I laid it down to dig which was rather annoying and no sooner did I buy it than Minelab phased it out for the 700 series...

-Tom

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with keeping those detectors, I have 6 VLFs , 4 PI machines and a large test garden so they all get taken out occasionally. Many of the nuggets I find (esp. specimen pieces) get re-buried in the garden, ran over with each machine and evaluated, I have learned so much doing this its incredible not to mention confidence in machines and the many different coils for each. Having extra detectors is also  nice for taking out a friend once in a while or caching out in the bush (so your not hiking it in and out every time) Just something to consider.

BTW Steve, that immaculate Goldmaster V SAT you sold me will not be stashed out in the boonies....Promise!

• Like 1