Gold Rush Ship Buckle

Only asked abt details cause phone not playin video.

1850's home site.    I actually kicked it out when I rubbed the area with my boot.  It was in the top layer of grass and when I saw it it was about a foot away from the original area of the signal.

Many of our relics in these undisturbed sites are not very deep.  You just never know so you dig it all.

1850's home site. I actually kicked it out when I rubbed the area with my boot. It was in the top layer of grass and when I saw it it was about a foot away from the original area of the signal.

Many of our relics in these undisturbed sites are not very deep. You just never know so you dig it all.

(Got it figured out, woot-woot)

Thats refreshing, would have thought something that large would been found by now. It would be interesting to see what its value could be, being one of a handful.

Continued prosperity to you, friend.

That's and interesting thing to kick out of a hole.  What is your reference for dating it?  Aside from the site.

That's and interesting thing to kick out of a hole.  What is your reference for dating it?  Aside from the site.

There is a book written by Max Bell but is really a compilation of many people's research on these buckles.

California Gold Rush Belt Buckles and the men that wore them.  by Max Bell

I have personally chatted with many of the people that have researched these buckles for many many years and are the authorities on these types of buckles.

Most date 1850-1855 and almost all predate the Civil War