Purchasing A Minelab F3 Compact Tomorrow I Think, Thoughts?

Well, hit the search engine-didnt learn much more. maybe i can purchase 2300 internals for swap into f3 housing. Does anyone know if these can be reprogrammed to 2300 specs. Shouldnt be much diff. in internals, no?

i think im gonna have to buy.

I TOLD YOU GUYS I WAS AN ADDICT.. LOL.

Contact Ismael Jones in Oz.

ij@minelabmods.com

Everyone wants something for nothing..... or at least 80% off! :)

Unless you actually buy an SDC 2300, you will have a tough time buying the internals for one. No, they don't sell kits with directions as to how to modify an F3 to turn it into a 2300. Why would they?

No the internals are not the same, so it can't just be re-programmed. Just because something looks similar on the outside does not mean its the same on the inside.

This is a detector not really made to find gold. Will it find gold if its shallow enough and big enough? Sure. So will any other detector if it shallow enough and large enough. Is it as good as an SD 2100? Hard to say.....  Not many folks using the F3 to find gold. I would do more research before swallowing a sales pitch.

These are probably used units bought from some military as surplus.

• Like 1

Chris, My, you are a pot of joyful news! NOT...

But...., i expected this, and you are right.

i sure would like to find that super-bargain to give that little better chance at sucess.

i wouldnt expect minelab to just sell the parts, but certainly they realize that as these become available people will want to maximize its real ability. i would have no problem sending it in to hq. for retro-fit for reasonable amount.

And yes, of course its surplus.. who would pay retail for this machine given the options? Like i stated earlier: waterproof, compact, tough, pi machine- all for under 600 shipped in.

Thanks for info though, be well.

Well, the decision has been made; one more detector is joining the family(at least temporarily).

I didn t get chance to start test garden today- windy as hell.

tomorrow i head up the hill to set corner posts at first claim, so probably another week before i get to garden.

will shoot out some f3 info/opinions as soon as i can get my hands on it.

Just trying to give you the facts rather than a dream with no truth behind it.

You can hope but the chances ML will replace the guts and turn your F3 into an SDC 2300 for cheap are near zero. It's a pipe dream. The guts is all the research and development they put in, and I am fairly sure the coil would not be compatible, so darn near everything but the plastic housing and shaft would need replacement. To do that on a one at a time basis, it would cost ML more than they pay to manufacture a brand new SDC 2300, because they would be doing it one at a time by hand rather than by the hundreds in a factory run. So sure, I can see why you would want this, but I cant see one reason why ML would want to do so.

Let us know what you think of your new detector once you have it in hand.

• Like 1

Chris, I appreciate facts. i also didnt think i was dreaming it would be anything above average for gold as it is a Mine detector.

I might even hold out hope for that gold end-cap for the machine to make it. that much more sensitive. ? Ya never know (pleasing machine owners sells machines i would think)

As i have not had a chance to study this further, so i have no idea about the abilities for modification of this unit. Perhaps for m.l. it would be very easy to enhance with certain programming changes i dont know.

if they Could do this rather cost effictively(if even possible) it creates another revenue stream, pleases a minelab f3 owner, and perhaps utilizes a machine a little more.

Once again, thanks for the engaging reply, as most any feedback is good feedback. Happy hunting.