SDC Over Load Signals On Gold?

bado1

Bado1-

I'm in Arizona too, down south, out of Tucson.

Are you in southern Arizona as well?

Sometimes it's not worth detecting those old gulches with all the trash unless you're willing to comb out all of that iron rubbish and maybe find some nuggets hidden underneath. Atleast with all the trash you can be confident no one else has probably detected that spot very hard. I usually just work higher up on the sides of the gulches where some of the gold eroded down from. A lot less trash up there.

Also you should check YouTube for an Aussies video on modifying the armrest on the SDC with a neoprene Minelab arm rest and plastic Excaliber arm cuff. It turns the SDC into a proper metal detector, it'll make it just as comfortable as a GPX. Then wrap some tennis racket grip tape on the handle and you can swing in comfort for hours.

• Like 2

Hi Tortuga,

I'm up in Prescott. Was swinging down in Black Canyon yesterday. Thanks for the tips and mods. I've seen the arm cuff mod and will definitely be doing that one soon. The stock arm rest folding up every time you take your arm out is a nuisance to be sure. The handle wrap is a great idea. I'm using a bungee rigged through my Camel Pack hooked to a piece of para-cord tied around the handle and it works awesome. Don't really even need the bungee for the SDC as its very light and pretty well balanced but I had it already so... why not.Thanks again!

Dean 

The gold will come Dean. I have noticed the exact same thing with the lead and just the very old waxy looking white stuff as you said. That is nearly the exact sound some of the hot rocks or mineral pockets at depth have given off for me, but not always - still learning too.

The aussie arm rest mod makes it awkward to fold up easy so is not an option for me. I got the aussie cover from Robs and love it. It has two straps to help keep the arm cuff from folding up on ya and the machine can still fold up fine. Put tennis tape on it the firs day i got it - a must. 

Wont be out this weekend cause i'm headn to Sparks to visit family but will be hitting it hard the next weekend with my new Yamaha Zuma 125 as my new mining scoot  B) Oh Yaa!

Good Luck

AjR

• Like 1

AjR,

Thanks for the positive words! I hope to find some SDC gold tomorrow! Supposed to be 70 and clear...perfect Az weather.

I'm gonna get the tennis wrap. I've already decided to get the cover that you mentioned. I've got to call Chris at Az Outback and see if he stocks them. His shop is about a block from my office.

Congrats on the new bike! I know it will help you fill your poke!! Have fun with the family.

Thanks again.

Dean

• Like 1

Yeah the cover from Rob's (made by Black Al's in AU) keeps the armrest open OK...

Plus, i tuck the headphone adapter in it along with my KLEER wireless transmitter, I usually wear NAPA mechanics gloves so the handle doesnt bother me any....

I did get some bungee cord and hooks at Ace Hdwre. made a 12.00 bungee for it.... i will put the pictures up when i take some this weekend i hope!

If you do the Minelab cuff/Excaliber armrest mod you can still pack the SDC down into a backpack. Just take the cuff off and store it in a pouch. It still works better for me than the little straps on the Aussie SDC cover. Just food for thought.

Get that Gold Dean! - i'm sendn the Discovery energy to ya and hopeng my new bike adds to my poke also. It gets 60 - 70 mpg so that'll take some cost away from going mining.

Thanks for the link paul - i'm going to leave her stock for awhile and then do some slight mods - new mirrors and lights first off and then maybe sliders and rollers.

I hunt around or in the water so the open design of the Aussie cover works well for me because it doesn't soak up water and my wet arm doesn't stick to the arm cuff. If i hunted the desert i'd likely do as you Tortuga but the cover sure helps for scratches and dings. I treat my things well but use them hard.

Good Luck

AjR

Thanks Guys! I'm headin out the door :)! The adjustable bungee works great, Paul. When hiking with the machine I collapse the shaft and attach the bungee and it rides up under my arm near my left elbow (I'm a lefty) so then I can really cruise without getting hung up in the brush. etc. The cover is a must to protect the machine for sure. I saw where one guy did the cuff mod and used a piece of velcro to hold it in place while in use but could pop it out so he could fold it up. Looks like a good way to go.

Alright, I'm out. The gold is calling me.....

Dean 

Ok bado1, how did it go today? Down here in Yuma it was a cool 82 with lots of lead and bullet frags but the skunk continues it's 5 trip strangle on me and my SDC. I hope you had better luck with the yellow metal and stayed dry because it looked like it was headed your way.