TT Blog By JP About GPZ Ground Balance

Little confused on what they're describing in this video.

The fast walking and swinging is what you do right after you hit the power button? This is for the benefit of the auto-tracking?

Or is the fast walking and swinging what you do after you go to the quick start menu, do noise canceling then squeeze the quick-track button? The walking and swinging is going on while the quick-track button is being depressed for the initial ground balance required during quick start?

Maybe I need to go back and re-read my manual. I may have been using my machine wrong...

Yes, this is the fast walking and swinging what you do after you go to the quick start menu, do noise canceling then squeeze the quick-track button. The walking and swinging is going on while the quick-track button is being depressed for the initial ground balance required during quick start.

I just tossed the video in to help illustrate JPs blog post that started this thread.

Bonus post by JP with pinpointing tips http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t21485-gpz-my-rating-4-out-of-10-and-thats-being-kind#208623

I am glad people are finding the information useful. I have to admit in my case I simply am putting in hours detecting with the GPZ. I run at stock settings with just a couple changes and basically just use the Quick Start procedure and go detecting. The machine seems very easy to understand and operate compared to a GPX. People reading all the posts would think the GPZ is far more complicated than I think it is.

I just finished reading all of this blog and some of the errors of the users were highlighted.  I have made some of the mistakes.  JP steps up and answers all the real questions.  He also made an admission which I don't know if all of us have seen.  It is:

I have spent considerable time with the GPZ in WA during development so can vouch for the detectors ability to work in WA (well over 100 ounces found in WA), in fact the bulk of my major successes with the detector have been in WA. The main issue in WA is salt, learn to avoid these areas during start up and all will be good

• Like 1

Saw it but didn't really register it. Going to have to re-read it a couple of more times now :)

Steve

I'm sure you will agree, JP has certainly earned his way to being the first bloke on the ground with 

new technology. You too…

There are real advantages to being the first bloke on the ground with new technology!

Steve just for the record and to avoid any misunderstandings, I was the first guy on my OWN ground not anyone else's.

JP

My sentiments exactly, is magic to prove up a detector on own ground.