Busted The Skunk...SDC 1st Gold!

Thanks for the encouragement but the not so old detector isn't working right and hasn't since I got it end of March. What I thought was EMI is really my SDC just bugging out frequently. The hour run yesterday was a test where my Dad and I swapped SDC's for an hour and ran with same settings (3/3) since we got them at the same time. Within 5 minutes we both knew something was wrong with my unit. I couldn't believe how smooth and quiet his was and he was stunned that I had previously found gold with my unit because it just won't smooth out and is very frustrating to listen to for more than a few hours. I've emailed Chris over at AZO and will be getting him the unit to verify but will probably have to ship her out to Minelab. These things happen and it it's just the nature of electronics. I'll let you know how it plays it out. Good luck and happy hunting.

I've got two SDS's and they both act differently. One runs a lot smoother then the other. I've had other guys listen to it that have SDC's to verify. Thought of sending the more frantic one in to minelab but it has found lots of nuggets so I'm just going to live with it for now simply because I don't want to be without.  I'd appreciate it if you let me know what minelab says when you get it looked at.

Glad you broke the skunk Bado!

strick

• Like 1

Called ML Americas today and they agree that it's defective. Sent me a return label for shipping and once they get it they will send me a new one. Can't wait as there aren't many detecting days left down here in Yuma. We're looking for 103 on Thursday.

• Like 1

Congratulations Dean, sorry to hear of your defective machine, I. have same issue with my fors gold. The new handle should be here any day though.

Hopefully you wil find his bigger cousin's before the heat prevents you from getting out. Best of luck.

• Like 1

AZavsfan,

Man, thats great that ML is taking care of you like that! I hope it gets here fast. Supposed to be 80 here in the high country today. Perfect swinging weather and I've got to go out of town:(. We will have to get together up here in the cooler country and find some gold this summer. I'm working on some promising ground. Let me know when you and your dad get a free week end and we can meet up and go explore.

spencer@wy,

The Fors is going to be my next machine. Good luck with the repair. Have you had a chance to swing it at all? If so, what did you think of it?

Thanks guys.

Dean