Taking New People Out

Really Chris? Im just the opposite, I think the NFA is way more beautiful than the slimy bear river. And if you hike aways, you can find gold that you can see without a magnifying glass,lol.

• Like 1

I think mineral bar is alittle pricey ..$28 a night nothing xtra but a vaulted toilet but cleaner...

Tvanho...you'll know the tweekers when u see em... They look like army ants and some will be mining at night with car headlights on trees connected to a car battery... Gods honest truth ..seen 3 of em at the Bear last yr... That place stays packed ..especially on weekends...and the water has gotten pretty slimy ... I gotta say that I've done real good on the bear the past 3 yrs sniping have gotten some nice DWT pieces out of there hiking up river about a mile...

We have a nice campground close to my house ..its a blm campground in Douglas City with a hot shower(one of the few) flush toilets and running water..its right on the trinity and its only $10 a night and lots of metal detecting areas up here in trinity county ...bad thing is its not open till the end of may but its real nice

Thanks Guys, I guess I lead a sheltered life? Tweekers sound about as weird as cruisers at state parks and rest areas. How do we protect ourselves from this riff raff? Sometimes,I have to leave,just don't feel safe there. I had 1 jerk follow me around in his car even as I was flagging down a state park employee to complain.

Really Chris? Im just the opposite, I think the NFA is way more beautiful than the slimy bear river.

You need to actually read my post. I was talking about two campgrounds, not the beauty of one river vs. the other. Yep, I agree that the NFA is the prettier of the two, but the Bear River campground is the better of the two campgrounds - which is what I was saying. I can hardly believe that they made it $28 a night to stay at Mineral Bar campground. Its a dump of a campground, but that is Taxifornia for you - they figure all your money is theirs for the taking.

Ha, yes. Guilty of skimming over, and not reading the details. Yes sure is expensive. Especially considering the riffraff that camps there. If your going to charge that much, better hire some security. Had couple bad experiences with spun out tweakers there when my kids where small, wont go now.

• Like 1

Nugget65, a couple questions about the Douglas City campground. Do they have spaces to fit a 20' camp trailer? Is there any area open to the general public for prospecting near by? Panning and sluicing.

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 2