Taking New People Out

Fishing is excellent as far as camping trailers... We were there in our 26' motorhome and had loads of room .. Its all paved spots and roads.. Clean up to date showers and restrooms... camp host..and if u have an access card its 1/2 price... Right on the river and has some places there to pan and sluice and MD... I'll check to see when its open..

Ya, thanks Nugget65, I appreciate the info. I think I'll head that way this summer as well. I'll give a heads up as well in case anyone would like to meet up.

Mike

• Like 2

We stayed there last yr with a 26' motorhome and had more than enough room... Each spot is paved and has a pretty good fire pit and picnic table area along with a bear box... The fishing was excellent last yr...there are places to mine both metal detect along with sluicing.. Panning and sniping...found a half gram nugget sniping...I'll have to check and see when they open this season I do know they close Oct. 31...its pretty respected and the camp host (Tom) keeps the riff Raff out...

I'll keep yall posted...

• Like 1

Defintely do bud! I told the wife earlier, "we are going camping on the Trinity",lol. We are just tent campers.My wife and daughter dont have the gold bug, but do love to fish.

• Like 2

Yeah Deathray I'll keep u posted on it opening....and I can show u some of the old hydraulic pits..do alittle mining ...yeah my wife and kids don't do to much mining ..they hate it but love fishing....

And I'm with the fillet and release program so we eat good regardless of the size...lol lol lol ...

• Like 4

The Douglas City campground opened this week gonna camp this weekend ...do alittle mining on the Trinity along with some detectingup around all the old tailing piles...

Its right around the block from me but hey camping is camping.... Nothing like some good campfire therapy with friends and family...

• Like 3