I don't get to the desert as often as I would like and it seems lately my results haven't been what I like either.  When I do get out several times a week it is here at the beach where I live.

Last night I went out with my wife in the weeeee hours of the morning when the tide was low and we had a good night.  These are my finds.

I use my 3030 with the large coil.  This lets me cover some ground but also find coins in the wet sand down to 14 inches or so.  Most are not that deep.  My best target last night was a moonshiner (on the surface) and didn't need any digging.

The ring is 14k/7.5dwt with 3 puma type cats on it.  The more I look at it the more I like it but it doesn't fit except on the pinky.

You guys post so many of your gold nugget finds it was time that I show you what I find.

Happy Hunting on the Beach or in the Desert.

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5607.JPG

• Like 3

Nice Ring. Do you wear a harness while swinging that big coil or just man up and swing without? I wish I had a good beach close to were I live.

strick

nice ring, Mitchel!

I use a hipstick and Doc's bungy cord with the big coil at the beach...when using the stock coil I donot use the hipstick, either setup keeps  my ctx3030 detector out of the sand.

fred

When I first got the 3030 I felt that it had the best balance of any detector I've used and never considered an assist with the stock coil.  My detector just before this was the SE Pro and I used Doc's Swingy with it because that detector would make my arm tired.

With the big coil I gave myself tennis elbow and now I use the 5000 harness and various bungys (bungees).  A trick I have learned is to put my strap for the finds pouch (The Red Minelab one) on the outside of the hipstick which is clipped to the bottom of the 5000 harness and not my belt.  This outer strap reduces the slippage and I can go for 6-7 hours without a problem.

I go in and out of the water but I don't dive.  I'm not a big fan of the dry sand but I'll hunt where there are targets.

I'll put up a picture of my best finds of the month later.  

Thanks fellas I've got the harness but not the hip stick. That's next on the list. Have the big coil for a while now but hardly used it much. I've got some soccer fields that I'd like to try the big coil on. Looking forward to more pics.

strick

Great looking ring find.  Amazing it was on the surface.  Yes it is good to see something golden that is not a nugget on here.