Macro Image

I gave up getting a better picture and took it to a fellow who has the gear. Nothing out of the ordinary in his gear. A digital SLR with a macro lens, mounted securely. As he explained to me is the lighting, he sits the specimen directly on a light diffuser with a very soft light under it, another diffused light above and offset a bit just a wee brighter. No shadows at all, no intense or stray light in a darkened room. He uses it to sell coins and postage stamps, thus no need to focus with depth as you can see in this shot

• Like 1

I gave up getting a better picture and took it to a fellow who has the gear. Nothing out of the ordinary in his gear. A digital SLR with a macro lens, mounted securely. As he explained to me is the lighting, he sits the specimen directly on a light diffuser with a very soft light under it, another diffused light above and offset a bit just a wee brighter. No shadows at all, no intense or stray light in a darkened room. He uses it to sell coins and postage stamps, thus no need to focus with depth as you can see in this shot

You got me thinking about this and I got out my Digital SLR that my brother gave me last year, I tried a couple of shots but the Batteries were flat so I charged them up and I will practice with it and see if I can achieve what he has done here,

Thanks for the info,,  john

Would not be difficult to make up the lights without blowing the budget, a couple of small sheets of that frosted white glass or plastic as a diffuser,  over a soft led light. Few blankets hung strategically to keep stray light out.. The digital SLR have macro modes and a million other features plus I see you can download macro apps for smart phones. But I`m really impressed with how the beauty of such a small speci can be shown.

Once I`ve prospected the area I`m currently checking out must go back to that limestone country, easy country to prospect, fairly flat, just a lot of it, and not aware of any indicators but believe there will be. The mighty ZED will love it. Bloody Goddess of Gold she rules.

Would not be difficult to make up the lights without blowing the budget, a couple of small sheets of that frosted white glass or plastic as a diffuser,  over a soft led light. Few blankets hung strategically to keep stray light out.. The digital SLR have macro modes and a million other features plus I see you can download macro apps for smart phones. But I`m really impressed with how the beauty of such a small speci can be shown.

Once I`ve prospected the area I`m currently checking out must go back to that limestone country, easy country to prospect, fairly flat, just a lot of it, and not aware of any indicators but believe there will be. The mighty ZED will love it. Bloody Goddess of Gold she rules.

The ZED costs a fortune here, It costs over $16,600 aud.

How did the GM2 perform in that ground??

GM2 was brilliant, low mineralisation area, ground noise just not an issue. Any detector with sensitivity to that small stuff, but a lot of square miles of country. Like a pin in one haystack in a paddock full of haystacks. Legwork and the puzzle of what is the indicator. But that's gold.

SWEEEEET, You done real well to find that out there,  Good Job.

I read the about the MXT and the GMT on Gold search's web pages and they say they do very well in Hot ground In OZ, I am going to bring mine when I come home and then maybe find enough for the 5k or the ZED, I would like to go out in the middle and find a patch where no one has been,

I have seen some amazing picture of leaf gold on the net, they must be worth a fair bit??

post-625-0-62382500-1432606385_thumb.png

Got a rellie who`s a whizz bang gyro gearloose on the computer, he had asked me for a copy of the photo this morning so emailed it to him, said he could clean it up, whatever that means.

Well you can see the results, like wow. 

• Like 2

Wouldn`t be $25 worth of gold in it, but if you offered me $1000 I`d decline. It has been sitting by my computer for 30 odd years, no it has bugger all $ worth but is worth a hell of a lot to me, came from location of my first find in my gold journey. Tis magic.

• Like 1