Nokta FORS Gold Advice

One thing I like about the FORS Gold is that it is very easy to operate. For general nugget detecting use the all metal General (Gen) mode. If you get into lots of iron trash or hot rocks use the two tone Boost (BST) mode. Low tone will be ferrous stuff and most iron hot rocks, high tone non-ferrous. Use manual ground balance at all times unless the ground is extremely variable or hot rocks are killing you. Automatic ground balance will smooth things out.

Go easy on the Gain or sensitivity as the FORS models are very high gain units. The unit will overload easily on shallow targets - just lift the coil to get a clean signal. Finally, in very mild ground reducing the standard iron mask setting from 10 will give you a bit more sensitivity to small items but will introduce ground noise if you get too aggressive. Conversely increasing iron mask slightly can help with bad ground/hot rocks but will reduce sensitivity to small items.

See my review at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/352-detailed-review-of-the-nokta-fors-gold-nugget-detector/ for details. Good luck!

post-1-0-39182000-1413059486.jpg

• Like 1

Oops. It is DI2 on the FORS CoRe and BST (Boost) on the FORS Gold. I have both detectors.

Different names for same mode. DI3 is a three tone more more suited for coin detecting. Straight all metal mode is the General mode. I corrected the original post. Sorry for the confusion!