New White's Treasuremaster & Treasuremaster Pro

White's is finally getting serious about giving the other guys some decent competition in the low end of the marketplace. I think it is safe to say the Prizm series never had much impact. The new units are running in the classic coin detector frequency range of 7.8 kHz so they have no serious application as nugget detectors but will be of interest for those looking for a good entry level machine. Nice and light at only 3 lbs running off only two AA batteries and a big easy to see screen. And kind of fun that they resurrected the old Treasuremaster name. I am tired of detector names that are either three letters or something that sounds like a jet fighter.

Looks like I personally have to wait for White's to do something to really get my attention but at least this is a start perhaps of a new direction for the company. Rumors of a PI/hybrid by year end?

White's Electronics Treasuremaster

post-1-0-07781300-1431801194_thumb.jpg

White's Electronics Treasuremaster Pro

post-1-0-36490100-1431810717_thumb.jpg

Treasuremaster Specifications

post-1-0-77808200-1431810842_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-62724500-1432512051_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm always glad to see new cheaper VLF's introduced, as some can have tricky little secrets to them. Handling some ground types better /smoother than others ect.

Particularly keen on the Treasure master Pro and 10" dd and that frequency I like.,, and the new Fisher 44 seems similar.

It amazes me just how often some of the VLF's hit better/deeper on certain targets and in certain ground types in comparison to the 2300. ($4000 to $400 is a big bloody deal, although I do love my sdc )

This TreasureMaster Pro mounted on a straight shaft will make a fantastic gold unit for the gutters of old tracks and detecting in general..... IF it has a True All Metal Threshold and not merely a fake blanking of a disced out target break.

2x AA's and a true all metal and I'm in!!!

Got a feeling the market is changing. Maybe it will become fashionable to have a detector, not just a hobby for a small proportion of the population as it has been. Those new Whites and their relative brochures seem to be targeting the young more, much the same as Minelabs new Gofinds. Entry level prices but with good specs, but if they become so popular the Chinese will swamp the market once it becomes a mass market. All should be good for us with competition comes better products.

It astounds me that that the Chinese (even though most of our units are made there anyway) haven't actually made a really good decent coin/relic and a separate gold detecting unit yet, dirt cheap.

They wouldn't even have to break any patent laws, merely just copy "near enough to" units like Fishers that other makers seem to be doing.

To produce a good straight -out all metal Threshold based vlf must be the easiest of units to put together. Even a tone and numerical coin unit is simple.

What caught my eye on the Treasuremaster Pro is optional automatic ground tracking for under $400. I do not always use ground tracking and in fact used to generally avoid it, but newer algorithms are making it a more viable option all the time. The SDC 2300 for example only operates in tracking mode and although the GPZ 7000 offers a manual ground balance mode so far mine has stayed in ground tracking mode.

Bottom line is if I have the choice I want my detector to have BOTH fixed and automatic ground tracking but usually you pay a lot more for that option.

• Like 1

How would this machine compare to say a X-Terra 305? I'm looking for an entry level VLF to see what the "other side" of detecting is all about...parks, etc. Any idea as to release date? Thanks!

Dean

Hello Dean,

The specs compare favorably to the X-Terra but the X-Terra also with an accessory coil can run at a higher "gold friendly" frequency of 18.75 kHz. I have seen no firm information on availability.

White's Treasuremaster and Treasuremaster Pro Metal Detectors

post-1-0-69940900-1432513338_thumb.jpg

Control Panel and Display Screenshots

post-1-0-49285300-1432512670_thumb.jpg

• Like 1