New White's Treasuremaster & Treasuremaster Pro

Well, not like I need a detector in this category but if I did these would be top contenders. I like the clean looks and feature list for the price. Big improvement over the Prizm line in my opinion. I wish White's good luck with the new models.

Rumor at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/463469-whites-new-treasure-pro-pictures-2.html#post4547566 is that the Pro version was delayed due to a faulty chip. Maybe the standard model was also found to have a problem. Have to be pretty serious to pull from the website though.

Far be it from White's to just post clear honest explanations about what is going on with the new models. For a company known for their marketing prowess I have to say that in my opinion they have always been rather clueless when it comes to the Internet.

Was able to get ahold of someone in the White's regional office and was told this. The TreasureMaster was on its way to dealers then White's recalled them because they forgot to put a threshold control on the unit. It had the volume control but no threshold control. Now the release date for the TreasureMaster is on or around Fathers day. The Pro I was told will be sometime in July.

If you knew what I know you would not be surprised at all.

Nobody said a control was missing. A function controlled in software was missing which is an entirely different thing. The control can be there, the machine works great, it worked just fine in prototype, but the final production chip has a glitch and whoops, the threshold will not adjust. I do not know that this is what happened but it is certainly plausible.

If our new forum member says he called and was told that I see no reason to doubt his word unless you know for sure differently.