Land Version ATX, Here's A Start......

Guest Paul (Ca)

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks Tom,

I thought the same as you why not an Infinium case for the ATX, But with all the features the ATX has and the success it had with the Recon housing guess they went with the Recon case. 

Have an idea, Leave the ATX alone it has it's place but with the Infinium increase the sensitive to the level as the ATX leaving the iron check on the Infinium panel and maybe include a couple of other features. Continue making the infinium but now as an improved version they would continue selling a bunch of them maybe even more than before, I would get one if it had the same sensitivity as the ATX that alone will help pull the trigger for those people on the side lines waiting for a land version.

Thanks again Tom,  Hopefully we'll see an improved infinium in the near future if not at least we have the ATX :)

Paul (Ca)

• 4 months later...

I agree Steve on the infinium DD coils,  Although they work great with the ATX they are not fully tuned for the ATX and if Garrett makes the smaller DD it will be a more specific version for the ATX giving us a hotter coil over the infinium DD coils.

Today, Spend some time with the land version going with the Recon then putting together a thin rear cover for the push pad assembly which mounted above the handgrip. Still up in the air going to a T-handle over the S-handle,  Always liked the TDI handle may order one in the future and compare the two handles.  The good part is the push pad assembly with added rear cover will still mount to a T-handle.

So here's a more current look on the land version, Maybe later when the ATX warranty expires will replace the Recon board with the ATX.  With the 10"X14" DD total weight is 5.3 pounds, That's batteries and all nothing left out.  I image with the smaller 7"X10" DD should be a hair over 4 pounds, Much easier to swing :)

Take care Steve,

Paul (Ca)

P.S.  Rick, Just cave in and get the ATX :)

fkb3ip.jpg

27xno6e.jpg

28hh8qd.jpg

You could get a future contract  with Garret as a Designer! very innovative Paul. Thanks for sharing... B.R