GPZ 7000 Protection Cover

Been thinking how I could make a protective cover for my ZED. So I cut the arm off a old wetsuit I had. And fitted it around the body of the ZED. Kind of crude, but will give it some protection. You have to take the ZED apart to fit it on. I first cut a small slit, just big enough to stretch over the screen. Then stretched the big end of the wetsuit over where the front shaft slides into. Then pulled it back and re-hooked the 2 cable's back up and locked it together. Then cut a slit to slide the armrest back on. Then cut off the excess neoprene near the battery. Should work well enough until I can get a proper made cover.

post-400-0-55037500-1432231567_thumb.jpg

post-400-0-13631200-1432231595_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice - my kind of work!

Being lazy and cheap (I prefer to think efficient and frugal) I got an Ace Knee Brace with Dual Side Stabilizers for $15 It is neoprene so it is stretchable and the whole thing is velcro covered so it is very versatile in how the three straps can be wrapped. Actually looks pretty neat and easy to change battery without completely removing. Now that I have used it for some time I am happy enough with it that it is probably all I will use.

post-1-0-87410500-1432233825_thumb.jpg

If you want a pod cover, the pod cover for the Minelab X-Terra series will work just fine but then so will a plastic sandwich bag. I do not cover the pod myself except for using a screen protector but this is what the X-Terra cover looks like when fitted on the GPZ 7000.

post-1-0-30689500-1432233966_thumb.jpg

• Like 3