• Similar Content

• By Rick Kempf
      Announced it today – three tones graphic screen under $100 

• By Steve Herschbach
      First Texas (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics) has filed suit in California Central District Court against Deteknix for copyright infringement. The basic claim from here
      20. First Texas engineers have investigated the Deteknix Quest and the software contained thereon. Based on their investigation, and on information and belief, the Deteknix Quest contains software that is substantially similar to, and copies copyrightable aspects of, the T2 Software both in whole and in part.
      21. On information and belief, Deteknix accessed First Texas’s T2 Software and copied it off a commercial T2 product. On information and belief, Deteknix used nitric acid and/or certain other techniques to defeat First Texas’s access protection and copy the T2 Software off a commercial T2 product.
      This is of course a court filing, not a statement of fact - it is up to the court to decide and issue a ruling. Case progress at https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/19024985/First_Texas_Products,_LLC,_et_al_v_Deteknix,_Inc_et_al
    • By N7XW
      Here is a machine I have not heard of before:
      It looks interesting but does it really work?  I haven't even heard of the company before.  Anyone have any info on this?  There are quite a few videos which I haven't watched yet - but will.
      Just thought I would throw it out there for discussion.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab has a new section on their online store dubbed Deal Of The Day with extra discounts on overstock or discontinued items. At the moment it is all clothing. Items are typically 40 - 50% off. Check it out at http://store.minelab.com/dealoftheday.asp
    • By walkerrj
      White's has been advertising a "Garage Sale" of discontinued items including refurbished Detectors.  I really don't need another Detector but couldn't resist ordering a refurbished White's Coinmaster GT with free shipping for $140.00.  Probably just use it as a backup to my other detectors but I think it should work fine for parks, dry sand, and just general purpose detecting.  I see on eBay their going for much more.  It arrived yesterday in a brand new box, pretty cool.  Might order another one as a Christmas gift for the Grandson.  
    • By Steve Herschbach
      From the Codan news release at http://www.codan.com.au/Portals/0/investorpubs/22 AXS Announcement - Minelab awarded $6.7m contract.pdf (copy below):
      "Cooperating with NIITEK Inc., the HDD will combine Minelab’s new Multiple Frequency Continuous Wave metal detection technology and NIITEK’s advanced ground penetrating radar."
      31 August 2016
      Minelab Electronics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Codan Limited, has been awarded a $6.7m contract by the Department of Defence to develop a new Handheld Device Detector (HDD). The funding received under this contract is to further develop a dual sensor metal detector which incorporates ground penetrating radar. It will partially offset the development costs of the product, and the project is expected to be completed by 2018.
      The development of the HDD builds on Minelab's success in technology development and product innovation for use in military programmes.
      Codan is particularly pleased to be of service to the ADF and to provide an enhanced capability that currently does not exist. Once the HDD enters into service with the ADF, we are confident that other militaries will seek the same level of capability, broadening our market for countermine products.
      The contract supports Codan's stated strategy of growing its profitability by improving and broadening our product offerings while ensuring our value propositions remain relevant and leading-edge.
      Previous to this award, in March 2014, Minelab was selected by the Department of Defence's Rapid Prototype Development and Evaluation (RPDE) programme to receive
      $1.0m in funding to further integrate metal detection and ground penetration radar technologies into a lightweight and compact mechanical platform. In December 2014, RPDE provided an additional $1.3m in funding, and Minelab subsequently produced an advanced prototype of the HDD.
      Cooperating with NIITEK Inc., the HDD will combine Minelab's new Multiple Frequency Continuous Wave metal detection technology and NIITEK's advanced ground penetrating radar. The HDD was designed taking into account the comprehensive requirements of the ADF, supplemented with feedback from Army User Groups. It will include advanced detection technologies as well as new standards of compactness and ergonomics.
      On behalf of the Board
      Michael Barton Company Secretary