Detech Coils For Minelab Sd, Gp, And GPX

I would like a huge 25in sef coil for the minelab pi's for deep treasure in europe and I am sure you would sell plenty of them to serious treasure hunters in europe.

Also easily the best allround coil for the gpx machines is a 14in round mono.

My mate swings the coiltek elite 14 and if I was using a gpx still thats what I would want, and if detech made one I'dd definitely make my mate buy one!

• Like 1

Hi Gold Hound,

I simply love your videos, keeps me going in the off season. I detect in Oz every year in my limited manner in WA and Vic, would like to get up your way sometime.

We currently make a 21x17 SEF and the Civil War Relic hunters over here use them to locate the deep targets, nugget hunters use them as the final coil on a patch they have flogged.

20 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Hi there AuWanderer, Mmmmm.....I was still quite impressed with the 14" Elite. I would like to see the 11" Elite in the equation as well. My opinion on seeing that is that you defiantly need more than just the one coil to get all that gold. But that goes with out saying really. I always go over ground with different size coils. Different size coils also have there own "best" settings as well. So if Nenad was using the same settings most of the time (I notice he changed it up a bit with the last coil, the 15" detech) for all the coils then that isnt getting the best out of each individual coil. There are many variables out in the field. None more so than a nugget that has been in the ground undisturbed since nature deposited it there & the halo effect it has that gives the detector a bigger target to "see"  compared to a piece of gold of the same size that has come from somewhere else & put in a plastic bag & buried in a fresh dug hole.  That may be nit picky on the comparison test, but that is how it is out in the field. The best & most accurate test would be to do the same test but on target signals in undisturbed natural ground in the field & to adjust settings to best suit each coil to get the best performance out of each coil. My 10 cents worth. Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :)

You can't win with doing tests. Yes in the real world, undug targets and using each coil on it's optimum settings for the day is how we find stuff, but if I used different settings for each of the mono coils it wouldn't be a fair comparison. Also, I agree a fresh dug target isn't going to be the same as a target in situ, but for the purpose of a test, it is still a level playing field, and the data is still meaningful. I mainly did this test to show the capabilities of the Detech's and the Evo's against the "out for a while" 14" Elite. I think what the test showed well was:

1. The larger spiral coils have impressive sensitivity

2. The same old rule of small coils are better for smaller gold and bigger coils get better depth still applies

3. The 15" DD Detech spiral is one sensitive coil! 

To repeat this test on undug targets it would take a team effort, and unfortunately many of the recovered targets would be junk. 

Some time after doing this video I did some tests on a 12" Evo, 11" Detech Ultra, 14x9" Evo, 8" & 6" Detech mono, and 12x7" Nugget Finder Advantage. Pretty sure I posted the results somewhere but can't recall where. The two coils that got all targets where the 11" Ultra and 12" Evo. Out of these two, I felt the 12" Evo was a bit more aggressive with the exception of the hardest piece in the test sample, the 11" Ultra had a slight edge on this bit (the 6" detech mono was actually best on this one). But two other guys who were present for the testing were both of the opinion that the 11" Detech was the best all-round, due to it's smooth running. The guy with the 4500 bought one to go with his 14" Ultra mono, and has given me positive feedback on both coils. 

For what it's worth, if I had to dwindle my GPX5000 mono coil selection down to 2 coils, I'd probably keep the 11" Ultra mono and 17x13 Spoke Evo. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2016 at 4:31 AM, Rege-PA said:

Gold Hound,

Detech makes a 14in round Ultra Sensing mono in their new Spiral wound series. Stinky Pete in Daisy Hill Victoria should be able to fix your mate up. If not get back with me.

Thanks rege

I'll let Dave know He'll get one straight away no doubt.

Haven't looked at their page for a while now, as I don't swing a gpx anymore.