Report On Noisy, Salty Northern Nevada Ground, The GPZ And The SDC

I always question claims that go against my own experience, but with this thread and others on salt ground, and with the continuing update of ground balancing techniques, it is fairly obvious ML is in defensive mode. I question in particular ML`s release, find it amazing, as overall it is a well thought out detector right down to the simple things like the stem and bungee adjustment. But then are these critical fellows upping the GPZ into a unstable condition? Easy to do, but just as easy to reset.

Welcome to the forum Road Dog!

I enjoyed bilbos rant. Reminded me of me when I get wound up, which luckily is not often! Nothing works perfectly for everyone everywhere unfortunately. The day that happens I will need only one detector and right now I am struggling hard to cut it down to six.

Welcome to the forum Road Dog!

I enjoyed bilbos rant. Reminded me of me when I get wound up, which luckily is not often! Nothing works perfectly for everyone everywhere unfortunately. The day that happens I will need only one detector and right now I am struggling hard to cut it down to six.

You could get rid of the FrankenATX----- i am sure that would help you............ and you would feel sooooo much better.....lol..

Better hurry before i blow my money on a TDI-SL----- :D

Wow, he is certainly not a happy customer. Remarkable, if his criticism is true, why didn`t ML tweak to this early in the piece before release?

Could be the nature of the beast. I have posted that in my opinion the GPZ shares more in common with other continuous wave detectors than PI detectors and is in practice a Super VLF http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/970-minelab-gpz-7000-a-super-vlf-saturable-soil-tips/

The high frequency VLF detectors like the Gold Bug 2 are hot on small gold but impossible to use in salt ground. Just the way it is, a pure result of what it is designed to do. To be as hot as they are they will pick up wet salt soils and even the salty blood flowing in your hand. The GPZ combines the ability to hit tiny gold with extreme power, making the problem worse.

Making a Gold Bug 2 not detect salt would be like designing the sharpest razor blade in the world and then trying to figure out how to make it not cut skin. I suspect a similar issue may exist with the GPZ and that it may simply not be the best tool for wet salt ground. I don't think that negates all the good results people are having with the GPZ but it is certainly something to be aware of at this time until more information comes to light.