Fisher CZX Metal Detector "Ground Breaking Technology"

It's fun to me to speculate what they might have that is going to "knock our socks off." Something "ground breaking." That will have features and ways of discriminating that we have not thought of before if I remember correctly. Will it strike the perfect balance of time and frequency domain analysis? Seems Minelab has been at that for a while with BBS, FBS, and FBS 2. I'd imagine Multi-IQ is another variant but rather than using the same two frequencies in alternating sequence, the signal is "weighted" to the task at hand (the algorithm is 20 and 40khz heavy in gold mode, but 5khz heavy in beach). To that end, timing seems as important as the frequencies utilized. 

Maybe they will utilize a magnetic field. Seems every company is exploring that idea. Isn't some form of magnetic wave incorporated into the GPZ 7000 platform? 

I remember much of their focus being on how to better neutralize the ground. Obviously any further depth out of a VLF machine could only come from making the ground more invisible and target more visible. 

In any case, it seems to me like they've dumped the CZX and Mosca platforms in favor of other things. Maybe that coincides with the hiring of the French engineer with his new and developed ideas for pulse induction. Now they have Carl, which is awesome. I think he will help push this company forward. Seems a strong forward thinking personality. 

That new form of ground balance is what interests me the most on the CZX nugget machine they are working on. Maybe VLF can play some much needed catch up to pi performance and depth in alkali ground.

• 4 months later...

Well here we are well into 2018 and no CZX nugget machine yet, I did hear on one forum a few months back its still progressing but several setbacks and advancing slowly, this comment was from Dave J. who is on this project. Whites has even beaten Fisher to the punch with the new GMT 24K VLF, with a new patented ground balance method of some sort, and 50% more power to the coil,  I will be at Whites while on vacation this next week for a 2 hour tour, gonna be asking questions about the new 24K. I am in the market for a new VLF nugget machine.

The way Fisher originally described the CZX it sounded more like a time domain detector than a VLF. Doubt that would be possible at 1,000 price range.

8 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

I will be at Whites while on vacation this next week for a 2 hour tour....

Hope Alan Hale (aka 'The Skipper') isn't in charge.  Take an MD along just in case.