Bogene's Settings

On 09/06/2015 at 6:00 PM, Qld Sandy said:

brushing past some rocks and grass tufts produced a single squeak at times and some moving around of the coil produced an obvious target. I also found while experimenting that the 27 and 28 numbers I was running the threshold at are not the best for small nuggets and 26 seems to be ideal. 25 is where the threshold is in and out, but 26 seems to be the goods.

Thanks Qld Sandy, even though an old post you have just helped me to pay more attention to what the ZED is telling me. I have just recently come back from a few days out at Western Creek, I had plenty of these single  squeaks but just put it down to a blade of grass as it was gone on the return sweep of the coil, next time will take more care and investigate further, maybe I was walking away from gold!? bugger. Have normally run threshold 27 something made me select 25 next time will try 26, but that wont be until the cooler months now. Thanks for posting.

Cheers Peter

• Confused 1

yes bogenes on the 7000 is great on small stuff however only to a point i reckon. and i used to play around with it if the loud speaker noise was irritating me. Anything under 0.10gm and i can't pick them up without a bit of threshold to disturb. Can't say these are the bits i chase but end up diggin a few in multi nugget holes when you just can't walk away from that little sound! On lots of days out having high smoothing on was also the loudest clearest response with bogenes...go figure?! Don't use bogenes much anymore.....i've picked up lots from previously worked areas by switching from the speaker to head phones/ear buds and lowering the volumes....

• Like 2

Hey JW, i used only the external speaker on the z for well over 18months and picked up plenty small stuff…only put the earbuds in and lowered the chatter (volume) as a play around to see what i'd missed on a few virgin patches…………..i have been surprised…BUT i have also 'slowed' down my swing heaps so gotta factor that in…switched to Bogenes the other day out of interest because i hadn't tried it in this area of tiny gold and it only picked up 85 odd% of the dozen bits:) Now to run the 19 over those shallow gold patches to see if/whats deeper down..

• Like 1