1.5 Ouncer 24" Down With 20" N.F. Coil

Just so we all don't give up on our GPX 's here is a 49 gram piece I found 2 feet down with my 4500. It was clear and loud and a nice low high tone. I also found a 1/2 ounce flat piece 20" down with the 20" N.F. coil in an old patch. The half ouncer I hardly heard, but decided to scrap off an inch, than another and so on until I was able to identify that it was a target. So to all the people who have not traded up to the ZED, have faith that with proper coils and skill you can clean up your patched pretty good with "old " technology.

post-489-0-66557700-1438218005_thumb.jpgpost-489-0-84482500-1438218008_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Relichunter... that is a genuinely beautiful, rugged specimen, I don't recollect ever seeing anything posted to these forums that I liked nearly so much as your piece. I can only imagine your feelings when it came out of the ground. Congratulations are very much in order!!!  :)

Jim.

• Like 1

Thanks guys...the best part of it, the nugget was found on my daughters birthday. As usual I am up before anyone else, so I decided for an early morning hunt and came back with this beauty. It stands up and shows very nice...so shes a keeper. I have had my 4500 for a number of years and I could not trade her as I have total trust in my ability to find nuggets with it. 

• Like 2