Other Hobbies

auminesweeper

AUswpr.  Cross the Ford off your list Unless your a real lucky gambler.

Goldbrick- Please forgive me for getting off topic, just trying to save a fellow forum member some grief so that he has more time and money to spend on his hobbies.

• Like 3

It's been the Summer of spending Pokes! New carpet through out the house, new flooring in the downstairs bathroom with a new fancy Toliet. Now tackling, my moved out college Daughters bathroom! Took out the tub and replacing it with a shower, then some new flooring & New toilet. This is no hobby of mine, this keeps me from my real hobby...I need a new patch of gold, running out of cold beers in the garage frig!

Rick

post-397-0-24809900-1441814210_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

It's been the Summer of spending Pokes! New carpet through out the house, new flooring in the downstairs bathroom with a new fancy Toliet. Now tackling, my moved out college Daughters bathroom! Took out the tub and replacing it with a shower, then some new flooring & New toilet. This is no hobby of mine, this keeps me from my real hobby...I need a new patch of gold, running out of cold beers in the garage frig!

Rick

Nice Job Rick, looking Good mate, our kids are our weakness bless em, WTG nice work,

John

• Like 1

1515art, Carting heavy scopes around was why I built the observatory, but I`ve sort of planned to go for a bigger scope, but that Godess of Gold will give me no peace so that bloody yellow heavy stuff rules, keeps me away from my "sane" hobbies.

Gotta agree Klunker, well sort of!!!!, what`s a Ford?

• Like 1

John, I hope some day your government lets you people own guns in a practical way for hunting and personal defense. Firearm ownership should be a personal decision not one made by government.

Well I use to have quite few guns in OZ and I use to spend a lot of time at the range and I was Roo shooting for a while, and I got a couple of medals that I won,

But here it is a lost cause, I still have my kestrel and my mildot master, and my spotting scopes and a few pairs of Binos with Mildot reticle's in them. and a few other odds and ends,

• 6 months later...

With all that's been going on lately I forgot to update you all about the fact that as I posted earlier that since 1979 I had always want the Same Guitar as Eddie Cochran well I gave in and after 35 years I bought it and it cost me a small fortune and this is the one Guitar that I "did" search the world for, it is the same model that gave us the hits like Summertime Blues, Three steps to heavan, C'mon Everybody (Lets get together) and many more, and the first noted customized Guitar by the star them selves To me this is like the first step on the Moon or to be the first up Everest, But I thought you might like to see all that 24k Gold plated hardware,

The Eddie Cochran Signature Model Gretsch G6120 EC (Which actually is Eddie's Custom model of Chet Atkins first Guitar Design).

My EC4.png

my G6120 EC.png

my EC2.png

EddieCochranleather_jpg_540x540_q85_autocrop.jpg

• Like 3

Amazing guitars, I would love to be able to own one of them!!

What i find more amazing is that in the photo of you playing your new guitar you look just like Eddie Cochran :confused0089[1]:   :brows: (I pictured you as being older :89: ), no wonder you wanted a guitar like his!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

Amazing guitars, I would love to be able to own one of them!!

What i find more amazing is that in the photo of you playing your new guitar you look just like Eddie Cochran :confused0089[1]:   :brows: (I pictured you as being older :89: ), no wonder you wanted a guitar like his!!

Lol, I remember when I use to own his haircut Too, I wish I could have had both at the same time, lol 

Eddie was killed a couple of months after I was born,, he was a session Guitarist by the age of 15 and had been recording a few years before The King arrived on the scene and from that day on the world was never the same again, :cool::cool: