Paying It Forward

Condor

Prospectors are some of the nicest people I have come across. Willing to help others seems to come natural to them. Every Day is precious and I could not think of a better way to spend them then being out in the wilds looking for that elusive nugget. Thanks for sharing your story.

strick

I think it's easy to forget that at the end of the day it's the journey that matters, not the size of your poke, the worth of your truck or your kid's prowess on the soccer field.  This forum is dedicated to the friendly exchange of ideas about our hobby/pastime.  Let's just remember that as we start a new year that the size of our poke is a personal achievement, but not at the expense of our humanity and good will to others.  

People might say, "Condor, have your lost your friggin mind and gone Buddhist, we're all about finding gold here".   That's true, but today's experience reinforces personal beliefs whose priority may have been temporarily misplaced. 

I've been helped my many people on this forum, Steve H, Rob A, Nevada Chris, to name a few.  There was never a toll for their friendship and assistance.  Let's just remember to pass it on to others. 

• Like 5

I have to say that Condor is a great writer but he also practices what he preaches. If not for running into him while out and about in the desert of "Yuma by the sea", we wouldn't have got our (Dad and myself) SDC units. We've been out several times with Condor since that first meeting and I am really glad that we waited for the owner of the prospecting truck we found in the middle of nowhere earlier this year to get back from his walk-about. I'm equally glad that we met before he got his GPZ or we probably would've got those instead. A little kindness goes a long way and who knows, you may end up with a friend or friends in the process.

Thanks for sharing. Its nice to be reminded that we need to enjoy every sandwich, and the folks that are put in our path. We only pass this way once.