Security Issue - Posting Photos From GPS Enabled Devices

Steve Herschbach

I guess I have 4.0

Maybe there is no data as there is not an "EXIF info" choice

There is a "IPTC info" but when I click it, I get the message "Cannot load the plugin METADATA.DLL"

I'll find the newer version.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I was in a computer/engineering class about 15 to 20 years ago. This was discusses in the class. However, printers were also discussed and when you print a picture, some of the information is encoded into the picture. Sorry I don't remember the entire amount of data. So for example you decide to print money. your computer and printer information will be on the image printed. Information like printer type, computer name, IP address etc. This way counterfeit money can be traced. This class did not go into detail due to security.

• 1 year later...
On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:48 AM, klunker said:

My smartphone takes two 6V dry cell batteries and has a rotary dial and it's a real pain to stretch out the antenna and wind it back up every time I use it. You folks are going to force me to step into the digital age.  sorta wish I had a ten year old grand kid.

Love your work, Klunker  :smile:

Having begun my electronic hobby career fiddling with the things, I sometimes wonder how much a thermionic valve powered smartphone would weigh (including "A" and "B" dry cell batteries)

Okay, I'll get back to farming sheep now - - - sorry.

Thanks Steve and Hawkeye,

I had no idea about pics from a phone having a geotag, naive I know.

Thanks again Steve for an outstanding forum where info like this is shared.

Mop

• Thanks 1