Goldseekers VLF 12000

I think Australian Gold, Gem & Treasure magazine was originally called Australian Gem & Treasure Hunter? Minelab Electronics became the publisher then it was acquired by Express Publications then to the current publisher The Magazine Works. You could contact them they may have acquired some archives from the changeover/s?

Not sure of how similar or dissimilar the 15000 is but it's manual might be some help or of some interest? Available on Minelab website under discontinued products.

NonRootNodeRightLogo.gif

Inst Manual Goldseeker 15000 Website.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

This machine was very similar to the early Whites detectors. I became involved with Bruce Candy with the introduction of the 15,000 which one had to pay a deposit on, and wait in line for your machine. It was a very small outfit in those days with guys like Rob Wylie and Craig Hughes being some of the early players in that company. Some of my finds were used as publicity for that young "fly by the seat of your pants' company. Bruce approached me to test his new ground breaking 'auto ground tracking' detector, which later was designated the GT16000. I prospected a patch of over 300 ozs using that prototype, the largest bit being 98ozs. MInelab, as they were then known used the resulting publicity to sell thousands of detectors, and Minelab became the new kid on the block. I later went on to test the first pulse induction detector developed by Bruce Candy, but that is another story.

• Like 4