Having A Blast In Australia!

4 hours ago, fredmason said:

Glad you enjoyed the trip, Paul...time swinging makes all the difference for learning a machine.

I am still curious how you transported your ZED to Oz?

Those road-trains are scary when they rumble down the road

fred

Sorry Fred ...I thought i responded to your question earlier---- I didnt take my ZED--

i rented one from JP--- that way he could afford to spend a little more time with me.

Next time I guess I could take it along in carry on. I would break it down to smallest pieces possible.

If you are comfortable with where you are going and you already k ow places to hunt that may be how you would travel to OZ.

But i may just rent from him again...it helps him out and it makes it easier for me to travel back and forth. I may well have been the first person he ever rented a zED to...

His rates for renting a 5000 are about 130 AUD daily and I think that is about what he let me rent the 7000 for-----

Remember-

JP is just getting started with his business and is working out details as he goes along.... and what works for him from a business standpoint. He is very busy with people coming in to the shop daily plus running out to do training sessions--so it is hard for him to dedicated a lot of time for one person.

His pricing will be adjusted to fit the situation and I liked that---

I wanted a little more one to one time --- so i didn't mind paying for it.

Like i said before, I think he was very fair with me in ALL our dealings---

I mean think of this,,,,he rents me his 7000, takes me out a couple of times for training, listens/answers my endless questions, SHOWS me where to go, helps rig up my harness for OZ hunting, gets my cell phone working properly in case of emergencies, Is on speed dial if i have any questions while i am in the field--- and introduces me to new friends!

Yeah, I got my money's worth and more.

Him and Frieda are usually around the shop after 5pm to answer questions and that is when we usually had our debriefing.

I understand why you enjoyed OZ so much now Fred--and I haven't seen a smidgen of what you have....

• Like 6

Way to go Paul, I know from a couple of paid follow along trips I did with Doug Stone Tours back in the nineties to WA & NT, going with prospectors who are familiar with the country is the way to go, what I learnt from NQ gold fields over the years before was not applicable to the gold fields Doug took us into. Thus the cost of such tours is well worth it, makes a hell of a difference having access to local knowledge, plus you have the benefit of security and safety that only a local can give.

It would taken months to achieve what you did Paul without JPs guidance, would have been very frustrating. Good on ya, definitely the way to go.

• Like 2

paul, welcome back... you got your black belt now Sensei, teach us the way of the force...it be strong with this one the way you are.

36 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Well, im thinking everyone already knew how to operate here except me-----

coil close to the ground, low and slow in a patch, good even swings,

Be sure to be in a location where there is some gold.

That helps the most!

Sensei, what is this patch you speak of??????????? the gold, it resides there??????? and Sensei, these patches, where can one find them????