Libby Creek MT

Looking for first hand info about Libby Creek in MT.. I am not interested in the public panning area, but looking for information about claims of GPAA and NWMGP, or other possibilities. I am mostly interested in detector prospecting but also enjoy highbanking. Does anyone know what folks find in the way of nuggets? Also size of claims, access, area camping opportunities for small RV's. Any and all information would be appreciated. I am considering joining a club if that is my only option to access claims but would like to get some feedback from anyone who has worked the area. I have gotten info from Steve along with lots of other Montana stuff, but would like to hear from people that have been there. Libby is my closest gold patch and I wouldn't have to plan a weekend every time I want to swing my detector.

Nice picture of a nugget found on the club claims at http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_8b18523e-018e-54c0-add0-7983efa22624.html?mode=jqm

Huge amount of geological and historical information on Libby Creek and mines in the area at http://www.deq.mt.gov/abandonedmines/linkdocs/108tech.mcpx

We have some property on Hay Creek and have always wondered if there is placer gold in the creek.  There are lots of test holes from the late 1800's but they are mostly up on the ridges or sides of ridges.  Thought if you had a dredge, you might consider doing a little prospecting.  There is some layered bedrock showing in the creek with a 90 degree strike to the flow and almost a vertical dip that looks like it might be a natural place to start.  We will be heading that way in late August or early September to spray thistle and repair the fences............  and do a little prospecting.