SDC 2300 Warranty

My SDC is nearing 2 years old although I haven't used it much since the 7000.  There had been some audio issues with a worn headphone jack connection so I used duct tape to stabilize the whole mess but it was down to audio in just one ear.  It's not the headphone cord, but the connection ring on the detector that was worn.  A friend expressed interest in buying it and he called Minelab about getting it fixed on the warranty.  He was told they don't repair the 2300's, just send it in and they would send out a new one.  I know a couple guys here in Yuma that had audio problems with the 2300's and they have received a total of 3 new ones between them.  Perhaps the steep price on the 7000 is helping to offset these warranty returns with the 2300.  Hell of a way to run a railroad, but I'll be happy assuming a new one gets sent out as stated.  I might have a brand new 2300 for sale real soon.

Condor

I've had the SDC and I know it's a great detector. If like you say about Minelab sending you another I'd get that one you got now in. I wouldn't wait a day on doing it. You'd think they would want to repair it but again  I'd take a new one.

Hope in all comes out in your favor.

Chuck

Condor,

Good luck with that.  We have purchased the conversion plug for it and it keeps us from having to use the short corded Koss.

Does the audio work without the headphones?

I've gone through about 5 pairs of Koss.  A couple of them were replaced by Minelab and a couple of them were sent to Koss and they sent me a new pair for $20.

I hate the way they break at the plug or the ear.

Fred told me the real secret for Koss for the 3030 and 7000.  Mount the wireless remote in a pocket, on the harness or I sometimes put it on the back of my cap.

Mitchel