What difference does it make, few nugget are the exact same weight and shape and orientation. Just dig it

4 hours ago, Hobo said:

What difference does it make, few nugget are the exact same weight and shape and orientation. Just dig it

I agree. Seems like your spending too much time going around in circles air testing & tying yourself up in knots about results or machine performance John? All of this testing & substituting of lead or whatever for gold means very little once your out on a goldfield & that miniscule meaning drops even further as mineralisation rises.

Get a ticket home John & hit the goldfields before ya drive yourself completely mad :laugh:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AussieMatt said:

I agree. Seems like your spending too much time going around in circles air testing & tying yourself up in knots about results or machine performance John? All of this testing & substituting of lead or whatever for gold means very little once your out on a goldfield & that miniscule meaning drops even further as mineralisation rises.

Get a ticket home John & hit the goldfields before ya drive yourself completely mad :laugh:

I agree, I told junior 2 weeks ago I'd had enough and I wanted to go back home well that did not work out to well,

jumping on a plane is not practical at the moment, and testing things in the garden is a lot cheaper than driving out to the gold fields even if I was back home,

The whole idea of this thread was to highlight the pitfalls of substituting lead for gold during testing and it is more for people who want to know more about their machines than people who only use one when they go prospecting, Coming from an engineering back ground I really like using detectors but I also like to know what makes them tick, and many people still don't know how to test machines beyond Air Tests.

If it is of little use or interest then just Deteat the whole thread.

And Delete my profile at the same Time. 

1 hour ago, auminesweeper said:

jumping on a plane is not practical at the moment, and testing things in the garden is a lot cheaper than driving out to the gold fields even if I was back home,

The whole idea of this thread was to highlight the pitfalls of substituting lead for gold during testing and it is more for people who want to know more about their machines than people who only use one when they go prospecting, Coming from an engineering back ground I really like using detectors but I also like to know what makes them tick, and many people still don't know how to test machines beyond Air Tests.

I actually enjoyed this thread it's good to get ones brain cells ticking once in a while. 

strick

• Like 1

This is great thinking for rookies like me who need to put in hours with their machine. I can do that in the back yard for a half hour after work. Knowing the difference between lead and gold allows me to create more realistic scenarios.

20 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

That seems a bit thin skinned John coming from the guy most likely to deploy a flame thrower on this forum. :smile:

• Like 2