Getting Psyched, Again, A Good GPZ Video

Well time is coming for me to dust off the Zed and take a walk about in WA again.  I keep my eyes out for interesting video's in youtube from time to remind myself of what I should be listening for.  The following vid is a pretty good one in that not only does the man find a great patch but keeping your ears on he demonstrates the audio for these beautiful chunky pieces.  Granted its all pretty shallow stuff, for the Zed, and he's in Victoria's milder ground but I still found myself figuring the size of his finds just with the audio he presents as he sweeps the Zed.   Only things missing for my ears are the complex trebly and deep grunt signals I've heard with my own experience.  However the big one in the video gets pretty close to the complicated trebly signal I love to dig on.

This video has me psyching up and is a great inspiration :)  I hope he keeps finding the good stuff.  Me~ hehh I'll get a little something but I hope people here will pick up on those signals and be inspired as well.

• Like 3

Cool video. Heck of a patch he found. I've never dug large shallow gold like that before. I have to focus so hard on the whispers here in Arizona sometimes when the threshold warbles I think it's all in my head. You could probably use a Radio Shack detector to dig those bigger ones. It looked easy to detect but I'm sure it took some serious prospecting on the front-end to get to that jackpot. 

Yeah Tortuga I know what your saying.  Arizona has the gold but not like down there.  As to using a Radio Shack~ nah it wouldn't work on anything but the surface stuff, if that ;)  While I did reference Victoria as mild ground that reference only works for Australia.  Big difference between here in the States and down under.  I'll reference you this: Back in '99 I took my first dig at OZ down there in Victoria's Golden Triangle with my Gold Bug. Even went so far as to hire a trainer after a couple of weeks of camping and finding bullets.  My trainer found gold, he used a SD2100 with a Joey, and even had me wave over a bit he had not dug~ a half gram specie inside quartz at about 4 inches down~ and neither of us could hear it with the Bug.  His advice, and subsequent advice from a good mate I made down there, was to get a PI.  His experience over the years with the Bug and various other VLF's was that though they work they are not the most productive thing to use down there.  When I got frustrated enough I popped for a SD2100e, a couple of coils, and camping back on a spot I'd been trying for weeks got my first nugget on a path I'd been over dozen of times at 3 inches.  Never went back to VLF again and gave the GB to my mate as thanks.

Point of the video for me, even though its excellent gold, is that even though he has terrific audio the same sounds occur with big and smaller bits deep and shallow.  I've been using my ears for years, like anyone else, to tease info out of targets~ operator discrimination~ while digging it all.  The Zed and my old PI's will talk to me and because of my extended breaks in detecting videos like this are great for retraining my ears.  And motivation for my heart because there are a lot of gold less days no matter how hard you try.  I'm sure that guy in the video is pounding a lot of distance too and was gracious enough to vid a great find.

I found it interesting that in the first part of the vid he notes what appear to be some older digs. In the latter part he notes that it appears someone else had made it into the spot as well.  Gotta wonder who was using what and when those digs occurred :) Hahh!

Thanks Fred.  Think it will be an ok trip.  Kinda disappointed I'll only get about 8 weeks this season but seeing as how I am going about it that'd be my limit anyway.  Gets to warm in September.  At least the sky's will be brightening and the weathers usually pretty fair this time of year.

• Like 4

jaygold Rox! been watching him couple years now  and his pieces are the coolest prettiest most unique ive seen on the net...ck his other vids....

Howdy Pat! Just remember those sweet spots and take your time and concentrate  on those area we looked at and You know the ground and you have to get your loop over it. Do me a favor! If you see Dingo and  say Hello & hope he still driving Betty.  Reg is out their somewhere waiting for you. Any how this year is our 10 year Reunion and guess I am going to miss out. Remember keep Grants Patch in back of your mind... Just think big chunky Yellow!!!  Oz is a calling to me as well! 

Best in Hunting

A.C.

Hehh! Sweet spots indeed. However others have had a run this season and they may be dud's. I'm not worried as the Zed will sing its song!  Heard word from Mono that Betty has a few more dings but I will look her up in Leonora.  Reg is outta the game this year... looking to go to India on another woman... old rascal.  Let ya know as I do.  Gonna have to buy another dolly pot though.... bang bang bang! *dont wince to much its just the hot rocks.* Hahh!

• Like 1