Ok, Klunker, The Steel Pan?

Fred-  I was testing a depth enhancer for the GPZ. I would have bought the outrageously expensive 19" coil but I believe my depth enhancer system can be adapted to other detectors.

YJ; You are absolutely right. Sometimes something just doesn't "feel" right.

"Always use what works best for you" doesn't mean that is always the best.

I like the inset on my small plastic clean-up pan. It allows me to pan out all black sand, right down to only gold. It takes some practice, but I can pan out every spec of black sand.

I use the small green garret pan, don't like the small black ones, they are harder to use.

Like Harry, I don't use the riffles either.

True Klunker, but then everything else in mining does also.

I find that the inset will hold gold better and allow black sand to wash up over it. It just takes gentle water movements that will suspend the black sand, but not move the gold much.

The real trick is in making sure you don't lose gold when you start to get down to the heavies. That is usually about half way through the process. You have to keep resettling the material and watch very carefully.

• Like 1

NV B: All I can say at this time is that Steve H., Norm McQ and Reno Chris saw it in action and they can verify that there is a profound depth increase- including small nuggets.

JA; My fathers family was involved in the Blue lead mine in Bangor, Ca. When my uncle was very young he had the job of panning concentrates. If gold was lost into the panning tub he would be in big trouble. He probably panned millions of dollars worth at today's prices. Watching him use a pan was like watching David Rawlings play a guitar. I wish I'd of had enough sense to learn what he knew.

• Like 3

Klunker

I wouldn't give up any secrets yet. The earlier version of the depth enhancer seemed to work better, but it just might have been the ground you tried it in. Looking forward to the next test.

Norm McQ