New Mapping App

I use All in one Offline Maps, as a lot of times I'm in areas with no cell. This app allows you to download aerials, and topos to view in real time when prospecting in remote areas.

Dave.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

Stumbled on this new mapping app. Lots of free maps to download.  Seems to work well. Will report back to HQ when I use further. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Avenza

Thanks Scott, this app is really cool. It did take me a little while to figured out how to only display free topo maps.

thanks again, Brian.

• Like 1

My opinion of the app that Scott posted.

I downloaded many FREE quality topo maps directly to my phone.  I used my phone as a GPS and was able to track my progress directly to my phone in real time.  My IPhone uses satellites for GPS reception not cell towers and I was detecting under the canopy of trees.  The two nuggets I recovered, I was able to drop a pin on that location, write a description and even take a photo.  I'm very happy with the app and have suggested it to a few of my fellow prospectors.  I will continue to use, thank you Scott

Brian.

• Like 2

I contacted the support team of this mapping app. They were very receptive of my email.  I asked for some older and obscure and some geology maps of areas that I have interest in. They go back with me a day later, and said they found some maps that fit my criteria.  So they said they have a process to go through to get them published for the app. The said they would do it in a timely manner.  Very happy with their  product so far.

11 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

I contacted the support team of this mapping app. They were very receptive of my email.  I asked for some older and obscure and some geology maps of areas that I have interest in. They go back with me a day later, and said they found some maps that fit my criteria.  So they said they have a process to go through to get them published for the app. The said they would do it in a timely manner.  Very happy with their  product so far.

Scott, did they say if these additional maps would be free?

• 2 months later...

I've been using us topo maps pro. It cost 11 bucks and is the best gps/map app I have seen. There is a free version too. You can only get it for android devises. You don't need a cell signal as it works off the satellites. Also, it has many different map choices as well as the forest service maps with f.s. Road numbers. 

Chip