Better Gold Detector For Africa

Im based in Africa. Which is the best nugget detector I can use? I have heard people talking about Gold Biug 2, Teknetics, Nokta Fors Gold+, Gold Racer, AU Gold Finder.

Which one would be the ideal machine with good results

It appears you are interested in VLF models, which makes sense for many locations in Africa. Don't forget one of the most popular detectors in Africa, the Fisher Gold Bug Pro. Unfortunately there is no one ideal detector but instead several that can perform well if used properly. Depending on the gold and ground mineralization one detector may have an edge in a particular area, but the situation might reverse and another detector be better just ten kilometers away. The differences between most models are quite small.

I would put heavy emphasis on which model is stocked by a nearby dealer who can provide knowledgeable answers to questions and who has a good stock of accessory items and spare parts.

It would also be advisable to seek out information from local users as to which machines are giving the best results.

I have detailed reviews of many of the most popular models used in Africa to prospect for gold at http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

And you can see other threads with Africa as subject matter at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/tags/africa/

• Like 2

M Chuma,

Where are you located?  If you would describe the type of terrain in your area and  the size of the gold being found, it would be easier to suggest a detector for you. Small shallow gold can be readily found with a VLF machine but deep larger nuggets would best be hunted with a PI machine.

• 7 months later...

Chuma, I guess u are in Zim, my friend I have 3 of these vlf detectors  au gold, nokta plus and x terra 705, they don't work in most of our soils, they lose depth, in such a way that they fail to detect a 0.1g on surface imagine, I will advice u to budget a bit and buy sdc 2300 it's good but on mild soils thy are good, don't be fooled by air test, they are total meaning less

FB_IMG_1490451315703.jpg

• Like 4

Since my original response above Minelab has announced the Gold Monster 1000

I would encourage anyone currently shopping for a prospecting VLF detector to hold off right now unless absolutely necessary. The GM1000 was designed specifically for the Africa market as an easy to operate yet powerful prospecting VLF. It will have applications elsewhere also. The Gold Monster 1000 should be available in April, just a few weeks away.

If you can afford it I would second Moses suggestion of the SDC 2300 as a machine that has performance similar to a high performance VLF but ignores the hot rocks and ground mineralization that plague hot VLF detectors.

• Like 5