The Perfect World Of Detecting

I watch every video I can on each detector I've got to learn more about it.  I've seen all about recovery speed and separation and that all looks so good. With the power in me and my detector I can notch out anything I want. Now that don't fix what I want I can apply my super power and discriminate it to a unknown place. I watch this one video showing how I can enhance one signal over another so the signal on the ring was more pronounce. I really love it when I see a depth test on one of the detector I got and how good it is.

All I've said above was done in a perfect world of detecting. The trouble that I'm having is when I walk out my door to go detect all that perfect went south.

Look at any depth test and you will see they check to make sure you don't have any trash around are in that hole. Not one time will you see them throw a hand full of trash in with that coin. I don't care what the size of coin they always check the hole first to make sure it's clean. Now here I dig up a coin but my big coil has trash under it too. Oh my recover speed not so good because I didn't have two nails to put down just right but I do have lots of trash.

Another good one showing how to enhance the signal of a ring so it's more pronounce over the trash next to it. This is great but like the ring I found the other day I couldn't see what it was before I dug it up.

I know each of you is asking what is my problem. I've come to the conclusion if I don't walk out my door I will be in the perfect world of detecting

Chuck. 

• Like 2

Chuck, 

I really got a chuckle out of what you wrote above.  It's so funny cause what you say is so true.  

The ground one hunts in can be an issue all it's own too.  Back in Ohio I didn't know how good I had it detecting.  The ground was so mild and kids had change in their pockets to loose even way back.  But out here in farm country in NC bartering was the order of the day.  They carried some eggs to the store to barter for some flour or whatever.  So out in the country and little towns there wasn't a lot of coins being lost like in a city.  The farmhouse was a welding shop, implement repair shop and what have you.  They usually built their own homes and barns at least in this area.  So around the farmhouse there is a multitude of iron trash and tin.  On top of that the ground has plenty of mineralization.  Between the soil and generations of iron scraps, lack of many good targets etc it's a detectorist's nightmare.  I haven't given up on this area but I have become well aware of the difficulty detecting here as it's a alien world compared to most test plots I see on utube.        

Terry

When I started detecting was on the coast with this school near me. The play grounds was all sand. The lunch money was 35 cents and most of the time I'd find it all. That play grounds had very little trash.

Then another place I hunted had so much trash it took two weekends to clean it out so in hopes of finding coins. Oh it did pay off with 30 coin all in the 18 hundreds and I'd say small child gold ring plus a old watch. The oldest was a half with a date of 1854. This was two rooms about 6 X 8 with dirt floors.

So I say you got a place that has  high trash just don't give up. All that trash may be telling.you a lot of people was here. But this will give you a better shot of finding coins that all those people lost.

I say to all is go slow,low and be sure to cover as best you can all the area your hunting. If it's paying off with coins be sure to go over it a bigger coil.

Chuck