Prospecting Wanlockhead November Day 1 & 2

Yes I love the sluicing, take your time and enjoy the day while processing material, I fill my bucket like a madman then relax when sluicing it all.  The gold shows up VERY well in this sluice, no matting or anything in the sluice, its a straight fibreglass drop riffle sluice and most bits of a decent size usually get caught up in the flare and it can be spotted very easily, have a look at this video if you want as it shows me plucking pickers out the sluice flare from a previous trip and you can see how the gold shows up so easily.  They are made to order by the admins from a UK prospecting forum (UKGPA.com) and usually cost about £70 (not sure where you`re based so can`t do a currency conversion).  I also made my own sluice using different mats in a frame I had specifically made to my dimensions which I used on day 3 and 4 which also caught a lot of gold, days 3 & 4 were a lot more productive compared to days 1 & 2 in the video above.

Anyway, if you want to see pickers showing up in this sluice for reference, heres a video from a previous trip where pickers were showing up throughout the day:

Thanks, I always fill my holes in as not doing so would only being unwanted attention to the hobby and get environmentalists involved etc...

Tvanwho, going off the current exchange rate, this sluice would cost about $90ish+postage, the admins at UKGPA.com make them to order so if you wanted more info on the sluice, feel free to sign up over there and ask the admins (Goldpanner/WarrenB)

Personally I like the LeTrap sluices for dredge cleanup or bank run material screened down to 20 mesh.

But I think I can see the benefit of your blue sluice for low water conditions. Most other sluices, including the LeTrap need a decent water flow to drive the riffles so that they recover gold efficiently.

This sluice design has been tested to death by the admins who make it as they have been making it for about 20 years now, improving the design when improvements have been identified, this will run in slow water with a higher degree of angle or faster water when lying more flat and so far its recovered everything from pickers to fly-poop sized specs.  Its similar to the Le Trap sluice and cleans out in seconds.  It`s been my sluice of choice, even when  friend bought a folding Keane sluice he didn`t like having to unscrew everything and clean the mats out so he then bought one of these too lol... I`ve since made my own sluice made to measure using a mixture of mats from hi-low, vortex and goldhog mats which I ran on day 3 and 4

• Like 1