First Nugget 4 19in Coil

Gold Hound

You are on the money Dale, I go back a bit and expand on your comments re negativity. I know of no one who has achieved their goals with a negative attitude. You will note one thing about this 4M, Steve promotes positivity, he has stated a fair while back he doesn`t like to associate with negativity or something to that affect, that is why this 4M is a 4M people who are positive thus successful or have the potential to be succesful with detectors visit.

I guess what I am saying is positive people associate with positive people, wheras our OZ 4Ms seem to be a haven for negative people who are intent on knocking anything positive. I know I`m being a bit negative here by knocking them, but I`m cranky about it, it achieves nothing.

• Like 4

On 11/25/2016 at 3:20 PM, PeterInSa said:

Dale, Thanks for your info on your latest Z19 find, great find, and for your videos.

re ( The 14 could not pick it up until about 250mm was removed )

Was the 14In coil on a mates Z? and if so did he have the same settings as your Z?

Peter

The 14 was on my Zed.

My mate runs a 5k 14in elite combo.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2016 at 2:20 PM, jasong said:

That's officially the deepest I've ever seen a nugget detected then, just wow since it's "only" a 66 gram speci and still getting that depth. That's 35 inches! Nice one.

Any chance you could do a quick air test on it so we can relate in-field performance to some of the air tests published?

When out I performed an air test and it was much less could only get it at half way on the pick handle so about 575mm

I got a 24g au content speci the same day in similar ground at about 500mm and when I swung over it I could only get the same response that pulled me up at 370mm I'll put up a photo for ya later.

On 11/26/2016 at 8:44 AM, Andyy said:

I am really surprised you were able to use pin pointer.  My last trip out, I found out my pin pointer (Garrett) was affecting the 7000 more than the pick! (even when off and high up on my shoulder)  I had to extend the coil way out in front of me.

Great find!!  And thanks for the depth info.

My pinpointer is a minelab one it dose not interfere with the detector when off.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:36 AM, goldenoldie said:

Yes I agree also with "Live Digs" so why wouldn't he video such an exciting find with the new big coil at an outstanding depth and record the whole event to prove beyond any doubt.

I don't have time to edit videos or have enough internet to upload them.

And you try carrying around unnecessary gear all day when in 40degc+ heat and you have to carry 6l of water and another 3kg of other essentials.

And for me I don't get excited over gold anymore its just money to me. For me its just a means to maintain my adventurous lifestyle. My excitement is dangerous bush bashing deep into wild country where no man has gone before, near death experiences on the motorbike and anything that gets the adrenaline pumping. Gold is just a yellow shiny rock that pays for the adventure! 

• Like 4

On 11/27/2016 at 7:43 PM, kiwijw said:

Hi There Dale, Nice to see a positive post on the 19" coil. It sure has taken a bashing on the aussie forums. Well done on that deep find. On a side note: You will pay the price with your shoulder/elbow if you continue to swing with out some form of support. ie: hip stick or pro swing harness. While you are youngish & fit you will think nothing of it.....but as time goes by you will stuff your shoulder. Nothing surer. Especially with that 19" beast. I have just got myself a Zed & the guy I bought it off has been a full time detector operator both here (New Zealand) & in Aussie. Said he paid his zed off in 3 weeks in WA last winter. Reason he sold it. Stuffed shoulders. I think if you ask around some of the older detector operators they will have shoulder issues. Just looking out for you mate.

Best of luck out there

JW :) 

Hi JW

If you saw the crazy stuff I do every day ya wouldn't be worried about my shoulder. ................ you'd be wondering whether I'll make it to that age¿¿¿¿¿

A couple of months ago I got a 350 ktm so this may shorten my life expectancy considerably LoL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

My pinpointer is a minelab one it dose not interfere with the detector when off.

Interesting.  Another member just told me about wrapping once with thick foil (in the sheath).  Worked like a charm :)

Dale Re ( My pinpointer is a minelab one it dose not interfere with the detector when off.)

I have a Ml PP and have probably lost faith in it after digging a deep hole with the Z14, the PP could not find the signal and asked my wife to change over her ML4500 coil to a small Mono and so found the signal on the side of the hole 2/3 way down. ( Asking Wife/Partner to change down coils while she is detecting, is not a recommended way to keep a relationship on a happy footing specially if only a rusty nail is found.)

• Like 3

On 12/3/2016 at 4:31 AM, Gold Hound said:

Hi JW

If you saw the crazy stuff I do every day ya wouldn't be worried about my shoulder. ................ you'd be wondering whether I'll make it to that age¿¿¿¿¿

A couple of months ago I got a 350 ktm so this may shorten my life expectancy considerably LoL

Is the KTM replacing the little guy with fat tires or will
you still have both to choose between..?

Swamp