A Quick GPZ 19" Coil Review

klunker

Gotta agree, if you don`t get gold with the Z & 14, the 19 may not help you, just slow you down which may help you.:wink:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, klunker said:

the formula for Fosters beer

Most of what Paul left Australia with don't interest me much except maybe the formula for Fosters beer.  I don't drink a lot any more but I do like Fosters, it just takes be about a week now to drink one of the giant cans they come in.  

I haven't got to this site a lot lately so I haven't seen Pauls report of his trip but I hope you (Paul) found yourself ample gold.  

Terry

19 hours ago, klunker said:

Now that the feline is out of the sack I'll give you all 2 cents worth of review and opinion of the 19"GPZ coil.

Evidence indicates that when VA Paul left Australia last year he snuck out all of the Australian nuclear secrets, their plans to hack the 2020 American elections, the formula for Fosters beer and a 19'' GPZ coil. He made me use the coil first to see if Minelab assassins where following us to recover their coil.

In the short time I used the coil, this is what I learned.

All indications are that it will detect deeper. Your pick must be further away and it is more prone to pick up incidental metal such as zipper tabs. 30% deeper is only 10% less silly than claiming 40% even if Ml. does add an *.

It does run smoother. You can use somewhat "hotter" settings than the 14" but it will still give a good sounding signal on bits of hot ground.

There may be a bit more sensitivity to EMI.

You need to slow your swing down significantly and keep it parallel to the ground. This also makes it easier to stop your swing and reverse direction.

It will false when bumped on something solid but not enough to be a concern.

Pin pointing is a pain in the a-- (arm). I have become immune ti this pain from my having spent a year with the 7000. Did you notice the little tray on VA Pauls coil. DON'T LAUGH! It actually works for tiny finds.

In Pauls' posted photos, only one of the nuggets might not have been found with the 14" coil. However the area has been covered many times with a stock GPZ. but I have not spent enough time with the new coil to make a definitive statement like "more gold" or "deeper Gold" But I believe those statements will come.

It is just plain HEAVY. Unless you are built funny, have no common sense or your just plain not to bright (yup, that's me) get your self some kind of suspension system. no gold is worth screwing up an arm or a shoulder.

In conclusion I will say that the 19" coil is not magic. if you are not finding gold with a stock 7000 the bigger coil probably won"t help. They are, to me, unreasonably expensive and the history of Minelab dropping the price of the 7000 so soon after it's introduction still doesn't set well with a lot of early buyers so I probably won't tie up winter time beer money on a coil I can' use until next spring.

Klunker,

Nice to see us ozzies have still got secrets , now do I get a 19 or do I slow down with more conservative settings with my 14 , Hot ground all nuggets over 10 grams were at 14 to 16" ! Undecided ?

• Like 1